Turn on thread page Beta

People who've had stomach ulcers/ovary cyst/have them, does it seem that i have one? watch

ReputationRep:
    Symptoms:
    2 months ago i had stomach pains for about a week or 2, and then no period either (was stressing i was pregnant lol, i was not, there was no way i was), and when i stopped stressing, pain went..

period came back was longer, and it hasnt come back this month

i've had shows of pink blood/ on and off, thats about it...wasnt my period

and now im experiencing the same pains
    and had pains lower down where my ovaries are/burning pain
    also have heart pain and also around heart area
    stomach pains- kinda like period is going to come, and stabbing/burning pain

It's been hurting since 7ish of sept the pain is on and off..

would an ulcer stop period/make ovaries hurt?

whats wrong? (making doctor appointment tomorrow)

ReputationRep:
    Okay firstly, stomach ulcers and ovarian cysts are completely different things.

Secondly, heart burns, heart burn. Stomach ache, can be a number of things. Pain in the ovaries, could be anything from endometritus to ovarian cysts. Could even not be your ovaries at all and something completely different.

Thirdly, we aint doctors. Go see your doctor tomorrow and get some real advice. Tell the doctor everything, but do not try to diagnose yourself.

and Finally, bodies aren't perfect. They are complicated and can **** up like anything once in a while. Pains here and there are normal, you may have absolutely nothing wrong with you other than a brain working overtime trying to diagnose something thats not there.

ReputationRep:
    What hvh said, just do not get rapped up in self diagnosing yourself online because you are not a doctor, go see one.

ReputationRep:
    Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    For cyst: press against your ovary area with your hand. If it feels hard and doesn't squish under the pressure, you might want to go to a doctor. The only pain I know about when it comes to this is a strong aching sensation around the ovary, and depending on how big a cyst is, it may press against your bladder, making it ache and making you go to the toilet more frequently. I don't think cysts cause such dramatic symptoms, and they only really cause the symptoms I've mentioned if they get really big. Oh, and if you're being sick even semi-regularly, that's a possible symptom of a cyst. But again, that could only be if it's a big one. And all this is if you even have one in the first place. I'd recommend the doctor- go see the doctor and then you'll definitely know what's going on.

From what you've said I defiantly don't think its an ulcer - you've said the pain is more like period pain?
    My partner went to the docs last week and was told he has stomach inflammation and possibly an ulcer...he was getting stabbing abdominal pain, especially when he was eating...

Go to the docs and get yourself checked out tho if your worried

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.