Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone,
    so I have a huge physics sl exam tmrw :eek3: covering everything from physics and physical measurement to atomic and nuclear physics. I'm not good in physics at all and always have a hard time understanding it but I have to get a good grade for this exam. So just wanted to know how should I go about studying for it. I have the Pearson baccalaureate book, the oxford course companion and the study guide as well. However I don't have much past papers so links to those would also be helpful.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to be a douche but if I were you, I'd just kick back and have some one on one time with call of duty cuz the truth is you ARE going to FAIL.
    It's waaay too much to remember in one day so take it from me...YOU'RE PISSED!!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not starting to study today, I've been studying since last week but I just need more tips and help to get a good grade in this exam and physics sl in general

ReputationRep:
    Get the questionbank. And do all kinds of past questions. Re-read your textbook, which I'm sure is good. I used the Tsokos textbook but I'm sure the Pearson one is just fine. Do the questions in the textbook. Take lots and lots of notes. Use the syllabus and know how to get your points defining, problem-solving, etc.
    Atomic Physics and Physical Measurement is easy, Thermal Physics shouldn't be too bad. Waves and Mechanics are tricky and fundamental, so make sure you understand that stuff! The really tricky thing in the physics course would be your options if you are in SL. I took HL and I can honestly say that the advanced waves stuff is some of the trickiest material I have ever encountered (in my opinion, of course), and if you have to do any form of optics, I'm very sorry for you. I managed to get a 6 in HL physics through my method above of re-reading the textbook, doing lots of its questions, studying using the syllabus and then using the questionbank.
    Know your weak spots and study like a madman. Be prepared to stay up until 2 or 3AM if you have to, because that exam sounds serious.

Oh, and about getting a good grade...NAIL THE IAS. They are EASY. Temporary link: http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/gossesf...Curriculum.pdf Go to Group 4 and then under it Clarification of the IA Criteria. Bam. You know exactly how to write an IA.
    And when it comes to the exam...just do the questions you are good at!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Man of the Hour)
    Get the questionbank. And do all kinds of past questions. Re-read your textbook, which I'm sure is good. I used the Tsokos textbook but I'm sure the Pearson one is just fine. Do the questions in the textbook. Take lots and lots of notes. Use the syllabus and know how to get your points defining, problem-solving, etc.
    Atomic Physics and Physical Measurement is easy, Thermal Physics shouldn't be too bad. Waves and Mechanics are tricky and fundamental, so make sure you understand that stuff! The really tricky thing in the physics course would be your options if you are in SL. I took HL and I can honestly say that the advanced waves stuff is some of the trickiest material I have ever encountered (in my opinion, of course), and if you have to do any form of optics, I'm very sorry for you. I managed to get a 6 in HL physics through my method above of re-reading the textbook, doing lots of its questions, studying using the syllabus and then using the questionbank.
    Know your weak spots and study like a madman. Be prepared to stay up until 2 or 3AM if you have to, because that exam sounds serious.

Oh, and about getting a good grade...NAIL THE IAS. They are EASY. Temporary link: http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/gossesf...Curriculum.pdf Go to Group 4 and then under it Clarification of the IA Criteria. Bam. You know exactly how to write an IA.
    And when it comes to the exam...just do the questions you are good at!
    thank you so much for the advice, one thing tho, where can i get the questionabank from?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.