Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been looking around and can't seem to find any institutions that do the Student Associate Scheme for English. I know this will be a big advantage when applying for the PGCE but if there are no government funded places then will they still be expecting you to have done this or similar? Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AverageJoe92)
    I have been looking around and can't seem to find any institutions that do the Student Associate Scheme for English. I know this will be a big advantage when applying for the PGCE but if there are no government funded places then will they still be expecting you to have done this or similar? Thanks
    I spent a couple of minutes looking and Sussex are one.

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/education/pr...udents/ite/sas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    I spent a couple of minutes looking and Sussex are one.

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/education/pr...udents/ite/sas
    Thanks so much!! Can see now why you are a Demi God of TSR. Will apply right now!! Massive respect for you. Do you know what the competition is like? Or is it just like normal Uni applications, like 7 to 1? Thanks so much again. If you happen to see any more I will be extremely grateful.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AverageJoe92)
    Thanks so much!! Can see now why you are a Demi God of TSR. Will apply right now!! Massive respect for you. Do you know what the competition is like? Or is it just like normal Uni applications, like 7 to 1? Thanks so much again. If you happen to see any more I will be extremely grateful.
    Go to the TDA website, get a list of all the SAS providers (I think there are about 50 of them) and then check each website in turn. I would offer to do it for you but that sounds a sizeable task!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Go to the TDA website, get a list of all the SAS providers (I think there are about 50 of them) and then check each website in turn. I would offer to do it for you but that sounds a sizeable task!
    Yes it would be!! I looked in the North West, where there are places available. Just want to gain all my experience as soon as possible.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.