Introverted 56%
    Sensing 12%
    Feeling 25%
    Judging 56%

ReputationRep:
    INFP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edanon)
    So there are a lot of pointless, false tests out there that don't really tell a person anything legitimate (i'm looking at you facebook), but the MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) is actually very useful and often used in the work place etc.

It seperates people into 1 of 16 main personality types. Yes, there will obviously be some generalisation, however it is still surprisingly accurate.

Here is a version of the test (which, btw, was partly developed by Carl Jung):

TEST

Once you've taken the test it is interesting to take a look at MBTI statistics, which famous people share your personality type, what jobs you are best suited to, which personality type your friends are and which personality types you are best suited to having a relationship with.

No, nothing is set in concrete, it's not perfectly accurate BUT it is interesting/fun and based upon legit psychology as opposed to things like astrology.

So what personality type are you?

I'm "INTP". Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Percieving.

EDIT: there is also a wikipedia article for every personality type. google your four letters for loads of info on your personality type.
    I am ISFJ
    Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
    Strength of the preferences %
    56 12 12 33

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardees)
    INFJ

any other out there?
    Just took it, I'm the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOA Vamp)
    ISFJ
    Introverted 56%
    Sensing 12%
    Feeling 25%
    Judging 56%
    That's like me!! Do you agree with your results?

ReputationRep:
    ENTJ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    That's like me!! Do you agree with your results?
    I would have thought feeling would be higher, and I'm not sure if judging means judgemental really lol. I think I need to look at the analysis thing. But apart from that it's alright Do you agree with yours?

ReputationRep:
    Your Type is
    INFP
    Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    56 12 12 33

ReputationRep:
    INFJ.

ReputationRep:
    INFP, I was surprised about how accurate the wikipedia article was towards me. I kept thinking 'oh my goodness that's me!'

ReputationRep:
    how do you make a thread

ReputationRep:
    Okay so according to me, Im ISTJ ,intorverted,sensing,thinking,ju dging

but friends results show IiTP ,introverted,intuitive,thinking, percieving
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I got both INTP and INTJ. Reading both profile descriptions, I would say I can relate to 50% of the INTJ profile, whilst I can relate to at least 95% of the INTP profile. INTP is me to a T! What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    ENTJ - and all I can say is that every thing said is spot on. Scary.

ReputationRep:
    INTPs are quiet, thoughtful, analytical individuals who tend to spend long periods of time on their own, working through problems and forming solutions. They are curious about systems and how things work. Consequently, they are frequently found in careers such as science, architecture, and law. INTPs tend to be less at ease in social situations or in the "caring professions," although they enjoy the company of those who share their interests. They prize autonomy in themselves and others. They generally balk at attempts by others to convince them to change. They also tend to be impatient with the bureaucracy, rigid hierarchies, and the politics prevalent in many professions. INTPs have little regard for titles and badges, which they often consider to be unjustified. INTPs usually come to distrust authority as hindering the uptake of novel ideas and the search for knowledge. INTPs accept ideas based on merit, rather than tradition or authority. They have little patience for social customs that seem illogical or that serve as obstacles for pursuing ideas and knowledge. This may place them at odds with people who have an SJ preference, since SJs tend to defer to authority, tradition, and what the rest of the group is doing.[2] INTPs prefer to work informally with others as equals.[11]INTPs organize their understanding of any topic by articulating principles, and they are especially drawn to theoretical constructs. Having articulated these principles for themselves, they can demonstrate remarkable skill in explaining complex ideas to others in simple terms, especially in writing. On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of simple ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they are. To the INTP, however, this is incomprehensible: they are presenting the pure essence of the idea and all the relevant information.[11]

Given their independent nature, INTPs may prefer working alone to leading or following in a group. During interactions with others, if INTPs are focused on gathering information, they may seem oblivious, aloof, or even rebellious—when in fact they are concentrating on listening and understanding. However, INTPs' extraverted intuition often gives them a quick wit, especially with language. They may defuse tension through comical observations and references. They can be charming, even in their quiet reserve, and are sometimes surprised by the high esteem in which their friends and colleagues hold them.[11]

INTPs are driven to fully understand a discussion from all relevant angles. Their impatience with seemingly indefensible ideas can make them particularly devastating at debate.

Thats so me! Alot of people tell me i make things harder for myself.

ReputationRep:
    slightly expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    Is this the one with the letters? If so, I think I am INTP, if I remember correctly, but I could be wrong. I also could have changed, that was like 3 years ago.
    :topic: BUT your zombie post kind of made my day.

ReputationRep:
    ESTP. I tried the career indicator and it suggested I will be an entrepreneur, business manager, stock broker, bodyguard, sports coach or an emergency medic... As I am currently studying business management and teach horse riding that is strangely accurate!!

ReputationRep:
    INTJ.
    Apparently it's one of the rarest of the 16 types, it means i'm very analytical and judging. Stephen Hawking is one so no complaints here!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.