ENTP!

ReputationRep:
    Your Type is
    ESTJ
    Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging
    22 25 88 44

No idea what that means, or if its accurate at all

ReputationRep:
    I strongly recommend people to do a wikipedia search - it's very interesting.

So mine (INTJ) is a fairly rare one (1-4% of the population).

ReputationRep:
    Ahaa, I'm an ENFJ.

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    Strength of the preferences %
    56 38 25 44

Which means I'm...
    moderately expressed extravert
    moderately expressed intuitive personality
    moderately expressed feeling personality
    moderately expressed judging personality

Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    11 75 50 44

slightly expressed extravert
    distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    moderately expressed thinking personality

ReputationRep:
    INTP

-- moderately expressed introvert
    -- moderately expressed intuitive personality
    -- moderately expressed thinking personality
    -- moderately expressed perceiving personality

ReputationRep:
    Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

You are:
    - moderately expressed extravert
    - distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    - distinctively expressed feeling personality
    - moderately expressed perceiving personality

ReputationRep:
    YOUR TYPE
    E N F P
    56 25 25 11

ReputationRep:
    INTJ
    seems to be a decent description

ReputationRep:
    ISFJ and is me down to a tee really. Work too hard, crap at delegating (was told this when I had a management position) because I feel like I can do it myself, never say no, family and friends come first and I'll do anything for them, have a few close friends and old friends that I'm fiercely loyal to! Like being organised and helping so suit administrative or healthcare professions....

ReputationRep:
    100% b45tard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edanon)
    So there are a lot of pointless, false tests out there that don't really tell a person anything legitimate (i'm looking at you facebook), but the MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) is actually very useful and often used in the work place etc.

It seperates people into 1 of 16 main personality types. Yes, there will obviously be some generalisation, however it is still surprisingly accurate.

Here is a version of the test (which, btw, was partly developed by Carl Jung):

TEST

Once you've taken the test it is interesting to take a look at MBTI statistics, which famous people share your personality type, what jobs you are best suited to, which personality type your friends are and which personality types you are best suited to having a relationship with.

No, nothing is set in concrete, it's not perfectly accurate BUT it is interesting/fun and based upon legit psychology as opposed to things like astrology.

So what personality type are you?

I'm "INTP". Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Percieving.

EDIT: there is also a wikipedia article for every personality type. google your four letters for loads of info on your personality type.

omg im intp too!!!

but actually i did this test a few years ago, regulalry for a few years and then, when i turned to Christ, my main objectives in fulfilling work because altruism and serving others so im probably closer to INFP now

it means you're introverted

ReputationRep:
    INTJ, sounds a lot like me

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

*You are:
    distinctively expressed introvert
    moderately expressed intuitive personality
    moderately expressed thinking personality
    distinctively expressed judging personality

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody! I'm glad somebody has made this thread as I'm currently trying to find myself (which self-respecting human being isn't? ) but I'm really finding it hard to understand what my personality is. I once thought the Myers-Briggs test described me very accurately but now I'm just not sure anymore.

I am usually classed as INTP with extremely introvert tendencies (Over 70% if I can remember correctly).

I have heard the Myers-Briggs test being criticized before for not being able to differentiate between introvertism and social anxiety. I am naturally a very shy person. On the way to new situations such as house parties, interviews, new seminar groups, I can get quite nervous. I am intensely sensitive to what other people might think of me and I always assume they will think the worse. I've always found security in being alone but from one definition of introvertism that has stuck in my head, introverts get their energy from being alone and spend their energy in social situations. Extraverts get their energy from social situations and spend their energy when they're alone. Even though I feel safer when I am alone, I don't feel energized. When I'm alone I usually get bored. Ok, I love listening to and dancing to music when I'm by myself but if I had the choice I would rather be singing and dancing with a bunch of people at a house party or in a club.

When I go out to an event, I depend upon alcohol to give me the confidence boost I need to enjoy myself, and when I get started, I can see that people really enjoy my company too. When I am at parties, I will sometimes just talk to one or two people at a time about a half-serious subject, although I always try and inject some laughter in the situation. I don't take myself too seriously, in that respect. But above all I enjoy being the centre of attention at house parties. I've always denied that I like being at the centre of attention because I always thought it was a selfish and arrogant thing to want, and also because in normal public situations I'm way too shy to be the centre of attention. But I'm not arrogant about it, it's just that I like it when people like me.. I get smiles and giggles and "wasn't that a brilliant party?!" when they see me the next day, so I don't think I'm imagining it. And it's not as if I'm enjoying myself in my own little bubble at parties. I just love talking and laughing with people. That's where I get my energy from, and the next day I'll feel so good about myself. Then I will go back to being by myself again for days on end, and I'll get lonely. When I see acquaintances in the street, sometimes I will just ignore them and try to avoid eye contact. I wouldn't ignore my friends, but why do I avoid saying hello to acquaintances? Am I really an introvert or do I just have social anxiety?

ReputationRep:
    You are:

slightly expressed thinking personality

ReputationRep:
    INTJ, the master personality

ReputationRep:
    Your Type is
    INTJ
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    67 38 50 61

Famous INTJs: Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, Marie Curie, Guy Kawasaki, Igor Sikorsky, Hillary Clinton

Not bad ^^

ReputationRep:
    INFJ

distinctively expressed feeling personality

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.