Turn on thread page Beta

never had a boyfriend.. repellent pheremones?! watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm 19 and in my second year of university. never had a boyfriend.
    guys just never seem interested in me, i try and smile and be friendly and chat but it never develops into anything!

i like playing xbox which i know is unusual for a girl, and i thought this would give me something in common at least with guys. but i've never had any guy friends either - except my friends boyfriends (who i always get on really well with?)

i'm just really confused. i don't know what i'm doing wrong. my friends are always telling me i'm attractive and nice and good to talk to. and i have no problem pulling guys in clubs

i just feel like there's SOMETHING that makes guys not want to talk to me. i'll admit i'm not the most confident of people but i do try - i do make an effort. i just don't know whats going wrong!!

ReputationRep:
    Add me on Xbox Live i will be your Internet Guardian!!

How can you not get a BF though when yu've gorgeous? You have a cute nose.

ReputationRep:
    I'll date you. You;re hot!

Shoot me a PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanngry)
    my friends are always telling me i'm attractive and nice and good to talk to.
    You're are lying?

ReputationRep:
    No don't nitez is that short guy always making threads about being short and as we all know short guys have small willies and aren't good enough for hot girls such as yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Cue 1000 guys trying to hit on you because of your profile pic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    You're are lying?
    Or the friends are lying, :iiam:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim.gordon)
    Or the friends are lying, :iiam:.
    That's what I meant to say!! Ffs I must be tired or something. Argh I'm so annoyed, totally ruined my post and you stole the comment.

I'm gonna go watch How I met your mother till I get over this fail.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're really pretty, so that's kinda strange that no guys get interested in you :hmmmm:. I kinda know how you feel though, as I'm in a very similar boat right now. I don't quite know what to suggest though, but hopefully some wise people will chime in with some good advice :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just pick a guy who seems nice and chat, making it clear you're interested.

But not in clubs- the guys there may have different priorities than the establishment of a long-term relationship with you.

Also, from your profile pic you look fine so don't worry about any of that physical nonsense. It's not your problem, though lack of confidence might be.

ReputationRep:
    love your hair.. dw they will come

ReputationRep:
    But you are so pretty! Where do you live? PM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitez)
    I'll date you. You;re hot!

Shoot me a PM
    I don't think she likes short guys brah.

ReputationRep:
    Bets on the amount of PM's she has next time she logs in?

ReputationRep:
    My advice, and im in a similar position except for the fact that im male, just keep plugging away you will eventually find the person for you

ReputationRep:
    Only on TSR would a girl with no boyfriend use pheromones as the explanation.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And the hordes of desperate TSR guys come out of their basements at the scent of a single female

ReputationRep:
    I think you're pretty....try not to owrry too much about it if you like someone, make sure they know it -often guys are too scared to make the first move. I know quite a lot of girls who haven't had a boyfriend (or a serious one anyway), my first boyfriend was when I was 17...and we're stil together - maybe you just haven't met the right person - but don't give up or think there s something wrong with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanngry)
    i'm 19 and in my second year of university. never had a boyfriend.
    guys just never seem interested in me, i try and smile and be friendly and chat but it never develops into anything!

i like playing xbox which i know is unusual for a girl, and i thought this would give me something in common at least with guys. but i've never had any guy friends either - except my friends boyfriends (who i always get on really well with?)

i'm just really confused. i don't know what i'm doing wrong. my friends are always telling me i'm attractive and nice and good to talk to. and i have no problem pulling guys in clubs

i just feel like there's SOMETHING that makes guys not want to talk to me. i'll admit i'm not the most confident of people but i do try - i do make an effort. i just don't know whats going wrong!!
    I think the existence of pheremones were disproved some time ago...so that's one less thing you need to worry about! ^^ don't worry. I'm 17 and in a similar situation to you - maybe instead of trying to find guys in clubs etc join a society you're interested in...(xbox club anyone? )
    I think you'll get plenty of offers from tsr though lol

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your lack of confidence is being transmitted to guys as a lack of interest in them? You're certainly not ugly, but we males tend to lack patience and if we're not getting any positive signals will quickly pursue other potential (excepting the stalkers of course, got to love them). :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.