Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been given my lecture time table and i have:

Lectures - 7 hours
    practical - 5 hours
    work shop - 8 hours
    tutorial - 3 hours

total - 23 hours!!!!!

it says at the top of the timetable "compulsory and available" so does that mean i dont have to attend all of the lessons and just make up a set number of hours?
    and it says on thursdays i have 2 hours of lectures then a two hours practical and then a two hour tutorial thats 6 hours with no break ?????????
    im doing ict and i know people doing math degrees with half as many hours.

ReputationRep:
    Errr, tough titties? Compulsory generally means just that. I have 21/23 hours on alternate weeks, annoying but bear in mind it's about as much as you did at school (at least up until the end of AS.)

Besides, the more you turn up, the less you have to do outside lectures.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, you're actually getting your £3k worth. Stop whining about it.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds fairly normal, my friends doing Engineering and Chemistry have that many hours a week.

Just be thankful you aren't one of those poor sods paying £3,500 tuition fees a year for 6 hours' contact time per week!

ReputationRep:
    I do accountancy and finance and I have 6 hours of lectures and 6 hours of seminars only. so in total only 12 hours a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    im not whining its just a bit of a shock to have that many hours and to still in a class at 6PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixel44)
    im not whining its just a bit of a shock to have that many hours and to still in a class at 6PM
    Im still there at 8 sometimes..

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine. 23 hours per week is nothing when you start actually working.

ReputationRep:
    in total iv got 10-12 hours a week and im doing ICT

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had 23 hours a week. Instead I have 5.

ReputationRep:
    I have 11 hours per week in my first term - my monday is 9am-4pm without any gap so thats 7 hours, im used to it cause it was the same last year - usually mine dont last the whole 7 hours though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    As above. Last year I had like eight hours a week (Law) and it was pretty ridiculous. My fees were more for the use of uni intranet and not actual teaching!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.