Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Returned to uni, in the last few days. I'm living with one guy and a new guy who was in our flat apartment last year. Most of out ex-housemates have graduated and the guy who is living with me now form that place used to be with his gf all the time, my friend also, but as she has graduated he is soo withdrawn. I had friend over this weekend and we all went out. I felt obligued to ask him out bcoz I feel soryr for him, but it was so awkward he didnt integrate at all with them and he seems so down. The other is just the same..what should I do??
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    You have to learn to let them deal with their lives. Be there for them and be a good friend to them as well as making sure you check that they are ok. You are not obliged to take them out and by doing so you could wreck your own relationship with them. As I say be there for them, but also don't be too overbearing by asking him out, you aren't obliged. When you feel it might be a good idea though, feel free to do so. It's all about balance.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.