Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's third year, and my friends are following the same student clubbing routine again. In my own personal experience, I see this happen in pretty much every group of friends I've ever hung out with. The routine is as follows:

1) Pre-drink fairly early on (between 7-9.30). Everyone has bought cheap, crappy alcohol. Likelihood that more than half the room actually appreciate their drink: very low.

2) Order a taxi cab (or walk if you live close) for 10.30-11pm. Oh, but make sure you've bought your ticket a few days ago at the Students Union for a queue jump!

3) Arrive at club. Bump into the same people who are proud to frequent the club every week. Buy the same crappy cheap drinks.

4) Go on dancefloor. Enjoy music for a while, bump into random acquaintances. Realise the same playlist has been played (in the same order) for the fifteenth week in a row.

5) Come 2 am, either enjoy the music or pretend you are having fun until closing time.

Next week: rinse and repeat.

It's ridiculous. It's my third year and people still aren't bored of doing this? What is wrong with a bit of variety? I understand that clubbing is a way to let loose and some people don't care if there's absolutely zero variety, but surely it's getting a little old now? I wish I could change it, but my friends are totally reluctant to try anything new and I have no other group of friends who wouldn't mind a change of scene.

Do I just need to get over myself, or will someone possibly agree with me? :o:

Just as another disclaimer: I realise it's silly to generalise all this, and I am incredibly jealous of the people who have variety/actually enjoy the repetitiveness of student clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see the point of clubbing, at all

I plan on making friends who enjoy cinema/restaurants/bowling.

If that fails, Im making the trip to London to chill with at my friends house for a weekend

ReputationRep:
    haha i'm sick of that routine already, and i'm a fresher.

ReputationRep:
    OP this is exactly what happens at my uni, every wednesday and indeed other nights too, but wednesday is the main night. Same people, same music, same drinks, same timings. At least mix it up a bit. It also annoys me that 3rd years and 2nd years still go to freshers week, I mean, that defeats the point of it surely and all the tickets get sold out because they buy a lot of them and the poor freshers have to miss out!

YOu would think by 3rd year that people would want to pull their finger out and try and focus on their degree. I'm not saying have no nights out, but the same thing every week, really?
    Im bored of it and was after a month in 1st year. I'd rather save my money and have a proper decent night out every once in a while instead of an average one every other day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting my second year, and I agree it's wearing thin. My friends are talking about repeating freshers week, and to be honest, I can't be arsed. Costs wayy too much and i'd prefer to sleep. I love clubbing once in a while, but pretty much every day for a week? No chance.

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you try going to different clubs? Not all clubs are the same you know.

ReputationRep:
    Is it because it's the same club?
    Maybe try different clubs/styles of clubs. Ask if people want to go to a gig or something, or the pub ( :shrugs: )
    I would get bored if i went to the same **** every week

ReputationRep:
    Never felt the need to go clubbing. Never plan to, laid back gatherings like going to the pub or house parties are more my thing.

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** do you go to the same clubs.. ? lol.

Go weekends away and club somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    I have felt like this about particular places. To get around it I've tried to encourage my friends to try new clubs. Also I find if your hoping to pull it all seems a lot more worth it because that can lead to other fun activities.

If you explained this with evolutionary psychology its a chance for all the guys to meet women so they can **** them. As for the girls some of them are just there to be sociable and some are just looking for some big black ****.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do student nights often. I preferred, and still prefer, nights like the Warehouse Project, or enjoying a good cocktail bar, or a really nice restaurant.
    And for that, you need to know people who aren't students anymore who wanna do the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    It's third year, and my friends are following the same student clubbing routine again. In my own personal experience, I see this happen in pretty much every group of friends I've ever hung out with. The routine is as follows:

1) Pre-drink fairly early on (between 7-9.30). Everyone has bought cheap, crappy alcohol. Likelihood that more than half the room actually appreciate their drink: very low.

2) Order a taxi cab (or walk if you live close) for 10.30-11pm. Oh, but make sure you've bought your ticket a few days ago at the Students Union for a queue jump!

3) Arrive at club. Bump into the same people who are proud to frequent the club every week. Buy the same crappy cheap drinks.

4) Go on dancefloor. Enjoy music for a while, bump into random acquaintances. Realise the same playlist has been played (in the same order) for the fifteenth week in a row.

5) Come 2 am, either enjoy the music or pretend you are having fun until closing time.

Next week: rinse and repeat.

It's ridiculous. It's my third year and people still aren't bored of doing this? What is wrong with a bit of variety? I understand that clubbing is a way to let loose and some people don't care if there's absolutely zero variety, but surely it's getting a little old now? I wish I could change it, but my friends are totally reluctant to try anything new and I have no other group of friends who wouldn't mind a change of scene.

Do I just need to get over myself, or will someone possibly agree with me? :o:

Just as another disclaimer: I realise it's silly to generalise all this, and I am incredibly jealous of the people who have variety/actually enjoy the repetitiveness of student clubbing.
    Where in your story is the part about girls making the same old boring routine actually interesting? ):

ReputationRep:
    Yep, but I'm too lazy/comfortable to try and make new friends. I enjoy clubbing every now and again but the notion that it's impossible to have a good night unless you're pissed is annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Umm, I think you are just hanging around boring people. You need to be around fun/interesting people on a night out who are just up for a good time and enjoying themselves. It sounds like you stand in the corner, complaining about how loud the music is, wishing you were at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondiee)
    haha i'm sick of that routine already, and i'm a fresher.
    Haaaha, ditto.
    I just cba anymore, its been such a long week. All I wanna do is snuggle up in bed or just have a quiet night in but NO, all everyone wants to do is go down to the same bar that we've been heading to nearly every night..UUUUUUUUUGHHHGHHGHGHFHDJF HJHFHJFHH

ReputationRep:
    You've just described every night out I've had over the last six years :gah: Screw you OP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cdash)
    I have felt like this about particular places. To get around it I've tried to encourage my friends to try new clubs. Also I find if your hoping to pull it all seems a lot more worth it because that can lead to other fun activities.

If you explained this with evolutionary psychology its a chance for all the guys to meet women so they can **** them. As for the girls some of them are just there to be sociable and some are just looking for some big black ****.
    And how are your friends responding so far, have you managed to convince them to go to new places?

And I completely agree about the pulling part. Which is also why I enjoy gay clubs, as it's fun to flirt with people and the music is generally more dance-ish and unpredictable.

(Original post by ChocoLoco)
    Why the **** do you go to the same clubs.. ? lol.

Go weekends away and club somewhere else.
    I've tried to convince my friends to no avail, they seem more interested in repeating the same old stuff.

The worst part is that I want to hang out and have good times with my friends, but when the only option they give me is to repeat the same ******* club routine for the millionth time I have to spend ages debating whether I should go or not. They thought I was being anti-social when I didn't go last night, or the other night when I left after 20 minutes because it was so ridiculously boring I wanted surgically remove my face and fill it with acid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Umm, I think you are just hanging around boring people. You need to be around fun/interesting people on a night out who are just up for a good time and enjoying themselves. It sounds like you stand in the corner, complaining about how loud the music is, wishing you were at home.
    Nah I usually dance and drink and the like. My friends aren't necessarily boring, they're just... simple (when it comes to clubbing).

ReputationRep:
    i personally hate clubbing completely.

ReputationRep:
    The worst part is that I want to hang out and have good times with my friends, but when the only option they give me is to repeat the same ******* club routine for the millionth time I have to spend ages debating whether I should go or not. They thought I was being anti-social when I didn't go last night, or the other night when I left after 20 minutes because it was so ridiculously boring I wanted surgically remove my face and fill it with acid.
    Well you're not real friends if this is an issue. They seem to just follow the hype.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.