Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    IM glad someone made a post like this, because it does get very tiring....

what sometimes makes it worse is all the vane people getting all excited saying there gonna get pissed at freshers ect....... then comes all the storys of people not thinking it was what they expected. well wtf did you think? its so incredibly hyped up.. anyways just concentrate on trying to enjoy yourself and getting to know others. that is the main thing.

but after a while, I do admit, clubbing gets so tedious... but I have just forced myself to go, and at least I have made some good friends.

ReputationRep:
    Double Post...

ReputationRep:
    No. I have fun in clubs and if I'm not in the mood I don't go. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Once you get a job the student mentality will be gone, and the wining and dining mentality will start to creep in. Going to a club EVERY weekend was alright as a student, but it did become a bit of a routine sometimes. As a working person it seems to be mostly bar crawls or restaurant followed by bar, clubbing is much more of an occasional thing. Variation is good.

ReputationRep:
    i agree op and yes i am sick of it

nobody is excited about their uni course they are excited about sluts

The same student bar, the same club, every single bloody night...:bored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cypher_Aod)
    i personally hate clubbing completely.
    Agreed. I was part of a student organisation which did pub crawls every two weeks or so. Each semester, it would be the same clubs and we'd do the same games at those clubs....Yeah, so now I don't go. I'd rather stay home and watch TV or SLEEP!

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice if the unions did something like clubbing for the people who enjoy that or a meal somewhere for those that don't enjoy that but would prefer a meal would probably find some like minded people that way. I'm sure it would cater to two types of people then. It just seems to only cater to the people who like getting wasted all the time. Can make you feel alienated.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a uni student yet but I don't really like clubbing either. I don't drink so maybe that's why... :shrug:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a uni student yet but I don't really like clubbing either. I don't drink so maybe that's why... :shrug:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I saw through that crap a long time ago. I used to hang round with bores like that in halls and was so unhappy, even when it was snowing and completely covered in ice they still went out, how could you be that desperate to go to the same stupid rigmarole?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Diamonddust, do you drink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_habib)
    what ******* fun is drinking when you are killing yourself
    Just pointing out that technically you're killing yourself by simply being alive...

ReputationRep:
    Oh no way could I do that every week. I'd suggest that if you hate it that much and really can't find anyone who wants to do something else, just spend the night by yourself, watch a movie, catch up on studying or just get an early night. I enjoy the odd quiet evening to myself. :yep:

But I am also surprised that no one else wants to try something different. Oh well, just hang out with us on TSR.

(Original post by MonsterMash)
    Just pointing out that technically you're killing yourself by simply being alive...
    At least you might be doing something useful though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    At least you might be doing something useful though...
    If merely being alive is useful then drinking is also useful because it is a part of being alive. Of course, there is nothing inherently useful about being alive but that's another question.

(Original post by vhvhvh)
    If merely being alive is useful then drinking is also useful because it is a part of being alive. Of course, there is nothing inherently useful about being alive but that's another question.
    If you're not drinking, you might be doing some academic research which coulld help future generations in their discoveries of the nature of the universe. Or you might be doing some cleaning, or cooking, or working, or anything other than falling into a puddle of your own vomit after a good night's drink.

ReputationRep:
    Try salsa. That's really fun and you meet loads of different people usually. And people aren't off their faces either so can be a welcome change.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.