Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This may sound like a stupid question but is a confounding varaible the same as a participant variable so like other participants may be more clever, had more sleep than others thats what affected the DV or are they different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asobi seksu)
    I'd say it would be worth looking at just in case...also for forgetting is it a research question about one piece of forgetting research?
    It might be just one but it's likely to just say 'describe and evaluate two theories of forgetting referring to relevant research evidence in your answer'. Or it might ask about specific theories. I'd say it's best to know one for each theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovelife1234)
    This may sound like a stupid question but is a confounding varaible the same as a participant variable so like other participants may be more clever, had more sleep than others thats what affected the DV or are they different?
    I think a participant variable is one type of confounding variable.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually looking forward to this exam now. We are given a very generous amount of time to do the exam, I think.

Might tackle the research methods section B first, and I'm going to read all the questions first, just so I don't turn the page and brick it! I want to be subconsciously (ho ho Freud) ready for the next question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burial)
    We are given a very generous amount of time to do the exam, I think.
    I wouldn't say it's very generous. Even if you spend only 15 minutes on a 10 mark essay and 30 minutes on a 20 mark essay you would have no time to check over at the end.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any therapies for the psychoanalytic approach to AtypsB? I literally only have "talking". Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarrenC)
    Does anyone know any therapies for the psychoanalytic approach to AtypsB? I literally only have "talking". Thanks
    What category does CBT fall under, cognitive behavioural therapy? It doesn't fall in that category does it.

ReputationRep:
    ye i think it does...........

ReputationRep:
    see when it comes to research about the effects of stress is that selye and friedman and roseman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsandi83)
    see when it comes to research about the effects of stress is that selye and friedman and roseman?
    no stuff like kiellkott glaser et al(sp),riley and brady's executive monkeys.

ReputationRep:
    no stuff like kiellkott glaser et al(sp),riley and brady's executive monkeys.
    It can also be selye and friedman and rosenman though can it not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarrenC)

Hi - think of the Freudian approach which uses psychoanalyisis
    These psychologists use Dream analysis, free association, transferance and hypnosis.
    Look up Little Hans with his fear of horses (not to be mistaken for little Albert).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by distinctspy)
    What category does CBT fall under, cognitive behavioural therapy? It doesn't fall in that category does it.
    NO

Cognitive- identify faulty irrational thinking= CBT
    Behaviourists - behaviour learned and reinforced = positive reinforcement for good behaviour,negative for bad
    Biological - could be a diagnosed physical disease such as brain damage, biochemistry = use of drugs, ECT, surgery
    Psychodynamic- unconscious unresolved =psychoanalysis

ReputationRep:
    Last year it was 102/125 for A1 and 83/125 for an A2. I reckon this will sit at roughly the same this year, but what I don't full understand is if the investigation is worth 20% how does it add an extra 25 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burial)
    Last year it was 102/125 for A1 and 83/125 for an A2. I reckon this will sit at roughly the same this year, but what I don't full understand is if the investigation is worth 20% how does it add an extra 25 marks?
    Because the exam is worth 100 marks, the investigation is worth 25 marks and 25 out of the total 125 is 20%.

What approach do people think will come up this year? I hope it's the medical model.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelz_26)
    It can also be selye and friedman and rosenman though can it not?
    isnt seyle looking more at gas and hoe our body reacts to stress?there was a gas question last year so its better mentioning someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feeling insanely confident about tomorrow?

A's all round, let's do this thang

ReputationRep:
    isnt seyle looking more at gas and hoe our body reacts to stress?there was a gas question last year so its better mentioning someone else.
    I thought it was the same thing. Effects of stress/ how our body reacts?

Also can anyone please tell me if we need to know the humanistic approach and/or therapies for it? For some reason I have written in my notes that we don't cover it.

ReputationRep:
    Why did the study guide for psychology come out a week before the exam? I only found out because of my teacher.

I'm having a little trouble with section B

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, F&R in 74' are for individual differences in what causes stress, and to an extent the effects of what happened

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.