The Student Room Group

Higher Psychology 2010-2011 :: Resources and Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I've not even started my report...
Reply 121
Done my Research Methods nab got 12/20 :smile:, we have just started unit 3, we are going to be doing prejudice and atypical behavior looking forward to it, we dont have are prelim until like April time :/
Is the course hard? I'm going to study it with openlearning so basically self-study but what is it like? Is it similair to any aspects of biology?
Reply 123
Original post by butterflymeadow
Is the course hard? I'm going to study it with openlearning so basically self-study but what is it like? Is it similair to any aspects of biology?

Hi, I wouldn't say the concepts are difficult. It's just the quantity of information you have to remember! Some parts are very similar to Biology, for example memory.
Reply 124
Anyone got any information on Lange (1973)? There is next to none on the internet.
Original post by Kelz_26
Anyone got any information on Lange (1973)? There is next to none on the internet.

Lange (1973) demonstrated that items are more efficiently recalled when organised into meaningful ‘chunks’, e.g. floor, window, door etc. He basically carried out the exact same study.

I think it's in the textbook somewhere? :smile:
Original post by Kelz_26

If you mean "The Development of Conceptual and Rote Recall Skills Among School Age Children", then I can send you the original article if you like (if that's your problem).
Reply 127
Got 85% in my prelim :biggrin:
Reply 128
Original post by TheUnbeliever
If you mean "The Development of Conceptual and Rote Recall Skills Among School Age Children", then I can send you the original article if you like (if that's your problem).

No, I don't think it's that - It's to do with organisation in memory. But thanks. :smile:
Reply 129
Original post by Kelz_26
Got 85% in my prelim :biggrin:

Well done!

Was it similar to past papers?
I have mine on the 23rd
Reply 130
Original post by burial
Well done!

Was it similar to past papers?
I have mine on the 23rd

Thanks! It was the same format but it wasn't actual past papers.
I've lost my RI... I wonder how messy I need to make my room before I find it.
Reply 132
Psychology Investigation, did you have to hand in your task sheets (the participants answers) with your logbook?
Can someone give me feedback on the level of hardness of the course - compared to lets say higher biology? I really need to choose one that I will enjoy, but won't be overly demanding because I cannot keep going into college to ask for help, I won't have time!
Reply 134
I take it you all would have done your reports now, so I was wondering if anyone could help me with how I do my references correctly?
Reply 135
Just finished my investigation. Do we need to include the results of the pilot study if one was carried out?

Burial: there is guidance on the SQA website for references
Reply 136
Original post by Kelz_26
Just finished my investigation. Do we need to include the results of the pilot study if one was carried out?

Burial: there is guidance on the SQA website for references

My report was submitted (and probably been sent of since) just before I broke up for easter holidays :smile:

I never mentioned my pilot study at all, but was asked to attach some answers from the actual experiment. Don't know if it's necessary but I really do not want to even look at that sodding document EVER AGAIN.
Reply 137
Original post by burial
My report was submitted (and probably been sent of since) just before I broke up for easter holidays :smile:

I never mentioned my pilot study at all, but was asked to attach some answers from the actual experiment. Don't know if it's necessary but I really do not want to even look at that sodding document EVER AGAIN.

Haha, I know I can't wait to get rid of it. And my Biology one. They get sent off at the end of the week. :smile: Have you handed in your log book? Did you have to hand in any of the actual answer sheets the participants wrote on?
Reply 138
Original post by Kelz_26
Haha, I know I can't wait to get rid of it. And my Biology one. They get sent off at the end of the week. :smile: Have you handed in your log book? Did you have to hand in any of the actual answer sheets the participants wrote on?

Yeah handed in the logbook. My teacher asked for one of the answer sheets a participant wrote on...? I have no idea why :s-smilie:
Reply 139
Original post by burial
Yeah handed in the logbook. My teacher asked for one of the answer sheets a participant wrote on...? I have no idea why :s-smilie:

I think at least one of the answer sheets has to get kept with your logbook to prove that you have carried out the experiment. But you could have just made up the answers anyway. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending