Turn on thread page Beta

Uni shower water better than at home watch

ReputationRep:
    this might sound odd but basically when i have a shower at home (i live near london) i find that the shower water makes me face all red, dry and tight. it also makes me hair all 'weird'. and i find that i cut my face when i shave at home. however since being at uni (manchester) ive found the water so much better. my skin looks good, and i just feel cleaner, if you know what i mean.

now im guessing this is due to hardwater/limescale issues being different in the counrty. i was just wondering if anyone else has had these issues, and also any tips on how to comeback having a shower at home

cheers for reading

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's because of the hardness of the water. I always said the North was better! :P
    You can't really do anything when you go back home, unless you wanna carry a big tank of Northern water with you...
    Permanently moving North is your only solution

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the water's probably softer where you go to uni.
    You can get shower filters like THESE, for example, to filter out all the undesirable stuff in the water. You could try that.

ReputationRep:
    Water is always nicer up north

ReputationRep:
    Water up north is 'softer'.. And tastes better :ninja: Uhhh I noticed that when I last visited London for a week or so, when I had a shower, my hair seemed to be really rough and come out easier :lolwut:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.