Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A few questions I would really like some help on please Thankyou,

1. A block of wood is resting on a slope 30 degrees from the ground, it weights 20N and it is stationary.

Calculate the component of the weight parallel to the slope

Calculate the component of the weight perpendicular to the slope

Calculate the friction force on the block

2. A 25N weight is attached to the bottom of a 10N component to the right and a xN component to the left but this on is in a diagonal direction. Attached to xN component is a rope (T) pulling down at an angle of 35 degrees to the xN component.

Calculate the tension in the rope T

Thanks for any help you can give me

ReputationRep:
    well how far have you got already?

drawn a lovely big diagram?

ReputationRep:
    The diagrams are already on my sheet. I've just joined physics so this is completely new :/

ReputationRep:
    You vectorise the force of gravity into 2 components- parallel and perpendicular to the slope. The weight is the hypoteneuse of this right angled triangle, so the perpendicular and parallel forces are cos30 and sin30 times the hypoteneuse respectively. Think about newtons laws of mnotion for the last part of your question.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for doing that for me! Its helped a lot!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.