Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    What does this mean?
    Im highly unlikely to be able to carry a girl to term ie if im pregnant with a girl ill likely lose it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Im highly unlikely to be able to carry a girl to term ie if im pregnant with a girl ill likely lose it
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Why?
    No one knows for sure just a significant family history of female miscarriages

ReputationRep:
    Boy. That way I'll only have one penis to worry about.

If I had a girl, I'd have to worry about all of them :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    I think life is still harder for girls than for boys, so I think I'd want a boy- but obviously I would love to have either.

I disagree with respect.

I'd definitely want a boy first though.

ReputationRep:
    A hermaphrodite. Handy if you ever get lonely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    A big brother for a little sister (boy first, girl second)

Can't go wrong with that TBH.
    This , but I don't care about the order that much.

ReputationRep:
    Girl
    Twin boys
    Girl
    Boy

Big family here we come

ReputationRep:
    like others have said... baby boy first to be a big brother to a little sis and hopefully grow up to look out for her...I always wanted a big bro! lol but definitely want them to be close in age I don't like having a massive age gap like in my family...its like being an only child! But as long as I can actually have children one day and their healthy...I'll be very very happy

ReputationRep:
    a little baby girl :}:}

or twins awww :} but as they dont run in the family at all very unlikely haha

ReputationRep:
    I think life is still harder for girls than for boys, so I think I'd want a boy- but obviously I would love to have either.
    Not in this country, you silly douche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexy_me)
    Not in this country, you silly douche.
    Well argued. NOT.

ReputationRep:
    Well argued. NOT.
    ditto to your point about life being harder for girls :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexy_me)
    ditto to your point about life being harder for girls :rolleyes:
    I wasn't 'arguing' anything, I was stating my opinion. You're the one trying (failing) to argue that I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't 'arguing' anything, I was stating my opinion. You're the one trying (failing) to argue that I'm wrong.
    How can you have an opinion on such a thing? Were you previously a boy? You talk nonsense about everything, missy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    I disagree with respect.

I'd definitely want a boy first though.
    I think that life/growing up is never easy for anyone, regardless of gender- I have enough male friends/family members to know that regardless of gender, everyone is susceptible to depression, bullying, anxiety, abuse and difficulties with relationships and sexuality. And I wouldn't want to undermine any man that's gone through these things.

But on top of these issues, girls are 10 times more likely to have an eating disorder than men. They're 5 times more likely to be sexually assaulted, 9 times more likely to be raped- girls in their late teens being the most vulnerable.

Statistics show that if I have a daughter, the chances are she'll be poorer than she would be if she was male- she'll have less savings, more unmanageable debt, a lower income, and less of a say in policy changes regarding her. She'll be in a position of less power- career wise. If contraception fails, she'll be left with the responsibility of a child she might not want. She's more likely to become an unpaid carer for relatives, and to bear the costs of raising children.

Obviously I know it won't necessarily be that way- she could have a much easier life than I'm making out. But my point is, the odds are against her. And the chances are, if I have a son, he'll be richer, more powerful, more independent, and less at risk rape and domestic violence than a daughter. All things which I think crucial to ones happiness. So yeah, I'd rather have a son.

Why would you rather have a son first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    I want a Dinosaur first then a vampire.
    hahahahahahah! Silly!!

OP: I only want boys.

ReputationRep:
    I think that life/growing up is never easy for anyone, regardless of gender- I have enough male friends/family members to know that regardless of gender, everyone is susceptible to depression, bullying, anxiety, abuse and difficulties with relationships and sexuality. And I wouldn't want to undermine any man that's gone through these things.

But on top of these issues, girls are 10 times more likely to have an eating disorder than men. They're 5 times more likely to be sexually assaulted, 9 times more likely to be raped- girls in their late teens being the most vulnerable.

Statistics show that if I have a daughter, the chances are she'll be poorer than she would be if she was male- she'll have less savings, more unmanageable debt, a lower income, and less of a say in policy changes regarding her. She'll be in a position of less power- career wise. If contraception fails, she'll be left with the responsibility of a child she might not want.

Obviously I know it won't necessarily be that way- she could have a much easier life than I'm making out. But my point is, the odds are against her. And the chances are, if I have a son, he'll be richer, more powerful, more independent, and less at risk rape and domestic violence than a daughter. All things which I think crucial to ones happiness. So yeah, I'd rather have a son.

Why would you rather have a son first?
    Heh, this is the reason I like you.

You are right in the sense that women are more likely to get attacked and raped etc however I know women who are the most powerful people in their current organisation.

If you have a daughter then you could provide her with the skills to survive, become powerful and a leader. It is possible, nothing will be out of her reach without enough hard work in my opinion.

My reasons for wanting a son first is because I have a feeling that they'd be less hassle. Also I'm known for being good with the boys so i think i'll have a stronger father-son relationship than a father-daughter relationship.

ReputationRep:
    don't really mind.. but i'd like both if possible!

girl i guess, to take shopping.

ReputationRep:
    Two boys and a girl sounds nice. After some thought perhaps another girl, I think it would be better to have a sibling of the same sex (I wish I'd had a brother).

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.