Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a fancy dress party soon and I was thinking of going as the stig.

Would I look bad if I got some plain boiler suit white overalls, and made them look like racing overalls.

Then make a mask out of paper mache?

I wouldn't have any Stig shoes, just some high socks and tuck the boiler suit into them to make them vaguely look like boots. And then I'd have to find some white gloves.

Would I look diabolical or could I pull it off?

Help/suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

ReputationRep:
    a bit over the top lol

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good - you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    That is a brilliant idea!!

Yeah that sounds fine, I doubt anyone will be taking it too seriously and there is no point in spending all that money on proper gear because you will probably never use it again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I didn't want to fork out £50 for buying a costume.

White overalls are only £5 on ebay, then some white paint which I have and lots of newspaper :L

ReputationRep:
    Don't do the sock idea. Just wear some boots or something. It would be better if you could get a white motorcycle helmet or something. The white overalls should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that sounds good! A friend of mine went as the Stig to a party a while ago, looked brilliant. Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.