Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    legally? I got an A* at GCSE and am taking it for AS Level, I am good but not properly fluent, would it be ok to teach beginners? Because I think I would enjoy doing this a lot more than any other job,

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penumbra973)
    legally? I got an A* at GCSE and am taking it for AS Level, I am good but not properly fluent, would it be ok to teach beginners? Because I think I would enjoy doing this a lot more than any other job,

Finish college first.

ReputationRep:
    wtf are you talkin about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penumbra973)

ye its good for your CV and for uni appication
    when I was in year 10, doing my GCSEs I used to tutor a girl getting her ready for her SATs... and now I'm planning to tutor people for year 7 entrance exams

and I'm 16 its totally ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Great Ali)
    wtf are you talkin about?
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Only if you are going to tutor for SATS or the 11+. Nobody will hire someone who barely got their GCSEs five minutes ago to tutor for GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    Yes providing people would pay for your service rather than somebody who is fluent. You would probably have to be CRB checked depending upon who/where you teach.
    You wouldn't be able to charge much either, maybe £8 for an hour's lesson (not including time you would spend marking homework- I assume you'd set your students small tasks to complete each week) seeing as you're not experienced.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not planning to tutor GCSE's at all I was thinking primary or year 7 to 9, and I realize that I won't be able to charge much...

So looks like I won't be breaking any laws, which is always a good start...

ReputationRep:
    I used to tutor French .
    It's my frst language tho so I dunno if you can tutor stuff just because you have your IGCSE.

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely nothing stopping you teaching someone else something if they're willing to pay you for the privilege.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.