Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone lost a gf/bf because of cheating and won them back over time? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Well I cheated on my girlfriend and didn't really appreciate her as much as I really should have. It is the single biggest regret of my life. I have been depressed for months now and have attempted suicide several times. I had kept everything enclosed to myself and because my gf was also my best friend only a few people really know how I feel.

Those who do half think I deserve it and half don't know what to suggest. So i took the courage to ask my mum after months of having her worried sick and asked her to help me win her back.

I had been calling her fairly regularly and my mum advised to not call because it will just put her even more off. Instead give it time even though it hurts and show her the reasons why she fell in love with me and had an amazing 2 year relationship. This was my end to deep depression and I do feel like i'm on my way to recovery, but I really love this girl and will do everything I can to win her back, she means the world to me.
    So my question is does anyone have any experiences they could share any success stories or any depressing stories. Thanks.

ps. Please don't tell me to move on. I have freshers coming up and if she didn't mean the absolute world to me then I would just think **** it.

ReputationRep:
    Just move on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Just move on
    please don't

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend cheated on me. We are now closer than ever. I won't go into the issues but she won me back. However I am not an insecure or jealous person luckily, it obviously differs from person to person.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would never take them back if they cheated on me.

ReputationRep:
    peter crouch, john terry, wayne rooney, i could keep on going

ReputationRep:
    More like have you ever been such a ******* wimp that you felt you needed to win back the ''love'' of the girl/guy who cheated on you.
    Have some ******* dignity and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    More like have you ever been such a ******* wimp that you felt you needed to win back the ''love'' of the girl/guy who cheated on you.
    Have some ******* dignity and move on.
    you've obviously never been in love you prick, or you maybe jst a ****er..

anywayyyy
    my bf cheatedon me recently and i decided to give him a final chance. i dont know if i should have as its stil weird and we still have many problems we havent sorted out tbh
    however i dont wana loose him but i dont know if i wana be with him
    he put me through hell when he told mehe cheated on me. we both cried alot. me in particular. i didnt think anyone could possibly hurt me that much.

tbh it might be better if u do try and move on, cos if u love this girl and she has started tomove on herself, u may mess her head up more. she might not care if she cheated on you and you could maybe cheat on her again and that would destroy you both im sure...
    but if you do keep trying to get her back and succeed it could be the best thing to happen to you's, the time apart may make u stronger

however, maybe you should ask yourself, why did u cheat on her in the first place? if she did it to you would you really have given her a 2nd chance? i know my bf wouldnt have..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.