Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm setting myself a challenge. I spend my money on frivolous things, like starbucks, or lunches, clothes I don't need etc. For one month, I will not spend a penny on anything that is not essential

Feel free to join in ! It will be interesting to see just how much we can save, and how readily available cheaper alternatives are.

My balance as of 26/9/10: £1186.03.

ReputationRep:
    2 days in how is it going?

ReputationRep:
    wow thats a great thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    So far I've had to spend 14 pounds on prescriptions, that's it! I was even tempted to go into town to get some more clothes, but I thought no.. I can survive with what I have now, and in a months time, if I need anything that badly still, then I can.

ReputationRep:
    wow your doing really well! I try to do this all the time but my willpower isnt that strong, i'm easily tempted

ReputationRep:
    wow your doing really well! I try to do this all the time but my willpower isnt that strong, i'm easily tempted

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.