Turn on thread page Beta

would you let your partner work in a strip club? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acdunn)
    It's a tricky situation - ask yourself how much you like him, is he worth the constant niggle in your mind that he's being unfaithful, and how much he can be trusted. To be honest, there's so few jobs around at the moment he probably had little choice where he's working. Give him the benefit of the doubt, but if he cheats on you to any degree (like kissing someone, sending overtly flirty texts) then dump him. You'd be unable to trust him again.
    tbh thats her problem not his especially if he has done nothing to warrent her mistrust

(Original post by lollypop*)
    yet the oppertunity will be tempting for him he could get work somewhere else to but he knows the people there so would not even think to move his workplace. and in places like these trust me there is no proffissionalism amongst the workers...
    where you a stripper or did you work in a strip club? Otherwise how would you know? You realise he can get sex whereever he works, just because a woman is comfortable enough with her body to take her clothes off does not make her more likely to jump into bed. Also what kind of club is it? Spearmint Rhino, legs 11?

well he is a muslim and does come from a religon of strong values but he is not practicing but still believes in his religon, p.s. i dunno if he drinks i don't so never discussed the issue lol but he looks like the grounded type of person but is a man afterall and works in a stripbar...
    cant be that strong valued a muslim if he works in a strip club

i know he is a security guard but he has not got a decent workplace so what is the difference in a punter and him?

i am actually questioning a mans ambition in places like these....

can you men tell me why you would work in strip clubs in all honesty?
    If hes security he gets sent by his firm to places where security is needed he didn’t just decide one morning il become a security guard and go work in a strip club.

So anyway
    6-7 months
    You don't know where he works
    You don't know if he drinks
    You don't know if he will cheat

Your kidding yourself if you think this is a relationship

Anyway to answer your question - if my missus wanted to work in a strip club then yes i would let her, its her choice and i trust her

ReputationRep:
    Hey well this guy i have kind of been seeing for 6-7 months recently told me that he has been workin in a strip club as a security guard for the last 3 years and i am unhappy because i think it would be quite easy for him to get sex from other women workin there and also if he looks at them in a sexually way in my eyes hes going to cheat. i am not insecure about myself but i have seen many examples of when men cheat so what whould you do? what advice can you give me? should i dump him?

(ps before i only knew he was a security guard but not where he worked)
    It's easy for all men to get sex if they want it, whether they work in a strip club or a corner shop. As a security guard he spends his time watching the punters, not the women who are stripping.

I wouldn't have a problem with it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i'd mind. Maybe things would be different if I were in the situation. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    So anyway
    6-7 months
    You don't know where he works
    You don't know if he drinks
    You don't know if he will cheat

Your kidding yourself if you think this is a relationship

Anyway to answer your question - if my missus wanted to work in a strip club then yes i would let her, its her choice and i trust her

well he works as a security guard in other places too through agencies and stuff like big shopping stores etc but the strip club is a regular job for the last 3 years for 4 days or somethin like that....

and he knows i don't drink so never bes drinkin infront of me or when were out and stuff so the subject is never brought up...

he claims to want to be with me, u know take me home and make the 1, but i don't want him also carrying out other flings with chick in the strip clubs like...

so my question to you is how would you be alrite with your missus if she flaunted her stuff for other men when that automatically is cheating? lap dances, getting carressed etc? what element of trust or respect will that show you?

ReputationRep:
    so my question to you is how would you be alrite with your missus if she flaunted her stuff for other men when that automatically is cheating? lap dances, getting carressed etc? what element of trust or respect will that show you?
    If she's getting paid for it then it's a job. I don't see how this guy working security at a strip club is even remotely similar though. You actually do sound pretty insecure.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    yet the oppertunity will be tempting for him he could get work somewhere else to but he knows the people there so would not even think to move his workplace. and in places like these trust me there is no proffissionalism amongst the workers...
    Just dump him its obvious your not going to work out by how you have reacted to this so just end it now. And yes you are insequre this thread proves it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    well he works as a security guard in other places too through agencies and stuff like big shopping stores etc but the strip club is a regular job for the last 3 years for 4 days or somethin like that....

and he knows i don't drink so never bes drinkin infront of me or when were out and stuff so the subject is never brought up...

he claims to want to be with me, u know take me home and make the 1, but i don't want him also carrying out other flings with chick in the strip clubs like...

Hes a secruity guard there I very much doubt he is going to be getting lapdances

ReputationRep:
    No "flaunting her stuff" is not cheating and certainly not when the partner knows about it. If the club is decent then touching is not allowed as you would actually know as much about strip clubs as you alluded to.

If a punter gets a lap dance and starts touching he gets thrown out and usually quite violently.

And seeing as i would know what she was doing it shows plenty of trust and respect.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't be a case of "not letting him" because he is his own person and runs his own life. But I wouldn't like it, purely because I hate the whole strip club thing

ReputationRep:
    maybe i should go ahead and dump him.... that way he can do whatever the hell he wants and i don't have to be involved with him.....

and no i am not insecure i just wanted to see facts lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.