Turn on thread page Beta

You're a bus driver. It's 12.05am. Passenger has day-to-go valid until 12. Do you... watch

• View Poll Results: Would you let the passenger off even though their bus ticket is invalid by 5 mins?
    Yes
    86.21%
    No
    13.79%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    this. it's only 5 mins, ffs
    Alright, it's only theoretical pet. Don't get too wound up over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ActuallyRSE)
    It's clearly marked your ticket is valid until 12 midnight only.

So past midnight equals no admittance. Common Sense.

Unless he was really cute, then I'd let him past
    If you are doing a bit of a admittance idea, say its like the bus = a club which says free entry to midnight and the bus stop is the entrance and they wont let you in till 12.05 thereby you have to pay for admittance.

You may have been at the front door before midnight and there was no queue but they just dont serve you till after midnight its not because of you that entry wasnt allowed till after the free period.

ReputationRep:
    yh, i wuld its kust 5 mins it wont hurt, most bus drivers should have a heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    If you are doing a bit of a admittance idea, say its like the bus = a club which says free entry to midnight and the bus stop is the entrance and they wont let you in till 12.05 thereby you have to pay for admittance.

You may have been at the front door before midnight and there was no queue but they just dont serve you till after midnight its not because of you that entry wasnt allowed till after the free period.
    Clubs may be lenient on 5 mins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -beads-)
    Clubs may be lenient on 5 mins?
    Not at many I have been to, I have been to a club like 5 to 10 when its free to 10 and been asked to pay and when you query it the bouncers claim its after 10pm when its not even had one say "its 10.01" in the past.

The only times I have ever been let in after the free period was in my local I went to weekly and the staff knew me by name they said they wouldnt charge me despite being past time because they knew I was queuing up.

ReputationRep:
    I hate jobsworths. And I hate bus drivers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Would entirely depend on who the passenger was, the area they were travelling in their age and gender and whether travelling alone.
    But shouldn't justice be blind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)

A Club is slightly different, yes there is bound to be a queue to get in, they would realise this and take note.. A bus? Less likely to have a big queue to get on - plus most clubs do free entry by fliers, so clubs probably allow a leway simply because it attracts more punters, meaning more drinks, meaning more money! A bus, not so much. It's clearly marked as 'valid until midnight', so no admittance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.