Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hii deos anybody know of any courses related to dentistry? i know of dental hygiene? but i dont know the entry requirements? if anyone knows please hit bak! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Biomedical science?

ReputationRep:
    has that even got to do with dentistry??

Equine dentistry - you only need CCC :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Queen Mary does Dental Materials Engineering course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCM89)
    Equine dentistry - you only need CCC :yep:
    what is that course? its the first time ive heard of it? what dos it consist of? :confused: thanks

(Original post by Soosile)
    what is that course? its the first time ive heard of it? what dos it consist of? :confused: thanks
    It's dentistry.... but of horses not humans

ReputationRep:
    bsc in oral health sciences.
    thats a joint degree in dental hygiene and dental therapy.
    entry requirements BBBB (scottish highers).

this is what i am interested in. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nfitzpatrick)
    bsc in oral health sciences.
    thats a joint degree in dental hygiene and dental therapy.
    entry requirements BBBB (scottish highers).

this is what i am interested in. xx
    ooh sounds good where you planning to study? and do you know the alevel req? thanks

ReputationRep:
    ooh sounds good where you planning to study? and do you know the alevel req? thanks
    as far as i am aware there is limited places on the course (10 successful applicants a year) so i plan on applying to glasgow, edinburgh and dundee. biomedical sciences is my plan B.

they all look for the same scottish grades so no doubt same with english equivalents. ediburgh uni says:
    "3 GCE A Levels at B Grade in one sitting inc. Biology, plus GCSE Maths at B Grade and English at Grade C; or equivalent"

go onto ucas, course search 'bcs oral health sciences' and choose uni's close to you and see their req'd grades

hope i helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nfitzpatrick)
    as far as i am aware there is limited places on the course (10 successful applicants a year) so i plan on applying to glasgow, edinburgh and dundee. biomedical sciences is my plan B.

they all look for the same scottish grades so no doubt same with english equivalents. ediburgh uni says:
    "3 GCE A Levels at B Grade in one sitting inc. Biology, plus GCSE Maths at B Grade and English at Grade C; or equivalent"

go onto ucas, course search 'bcs oral health sciences' and choose uni's close to you and see their req'd grades

hope i helped.
    thanks that was great! hope you get in

ReputationRep:
    thanks that was great! hope you get in
    you too!
    we'll just need to work my socks off this year.

ReputationRep:
    Dental materials ?

you could convert to dentistry from there, but i dont know the full procedure ?

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.