Turn on thread page Beta

Never had a girlfriend. Feel like crying sometimes :( watch

I am 19 and never done anything with a girl. Everyone around me has at least kissed a girl before. I get really sad when I see couples because I know that I have never had that before. Late at night, when I am by myself, I feel like tearing up :cry2:. I really want to at least get my first kiss. But I am shy and am not good with flirting with girls . Help me please? For once I just want to be able to feel like I have at least gotten my first kiss.

ReputationRep:
    It'll come. If you want it to come sooner, build up your confidence.

ReputationRep:
    patience, will be worth the wait
    if you care a lot about it though, just go for it
    though without confidence its the hardest thing in the world, i know i couldnt that easily

(Original post by toasteh)
    It'll come. If you want it to come sooner, build up your confidence.
    But how I do start flirting with a girl that I like. Also, how I do I just start flirting with a girl I dont really know? What do I say?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I am 19 and never done anything with a girl. Everyone around me has at least kissed a girl before. I get really sad when I see couples because I know that I have never had that before. Late at night, when I am by myself, I feel like tearing up :cry2:. I really want to at least get my first kiss. But I am shy and am not good with flirting with girls . Help me please? For once I just want to be able to feel like I have at least gotten my first kiss.

Babe dont worry honestly, things will happen soon. I'm 21 and i've never had a boyfriend, and when I had the chance, I turned it down cos I was scared by the idea of a relationship...now I regret that I did that. I know how you feel, I feel embarassed being a girl at 21 whose never kissed a guy or had a boyfriend but i'm sure that next time someone asks me then i'll go for it.
    Your gonna be ok OP. Are you at uni? maybe you could try to meet girls through uni events?

ReputationRep:
    You're only 19, don't worry about it. Also guys fixate on no strings attached snogging and shagging way too much. If you're not particularly confident it's normal that you won't get much of either outside a relationship and they take time.

ReputationRep:
    gfs are overrated dont worry but blowjobs are fun

you need to get some blowjobs you dont need a gf

Don't worry about it, girls will probably like the innocence. There are plenty of girls in the same boat so that will make them less shy

I've only had 1 boyfriend, and only went out with him to say that I had had a boyfriend. Which I regret. Don't go out with someone for the sake of it.

Babe dont worry honestly, things will happen soon. I'm 21 and i've never had a boyfriend, and when I had the chance, I turned it down cos I was scared by the idea of a relationship...now I regret that I did that. I know how you feel, I feel embarassed being a girl at 21 whose never kissed a guy or had a boyfriend but i'm sure that next time someone asks me then i'll go for it.
    Your gonna be ok OP. Are you at uni? maybe you could try to meet girls through uni events?
    I am starting uni next week

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't ever kissed a girl and you're already 19 (that's old in my book), it's probably going to be a very long time until you have your first kiss. If you're that desperate (im guessing you are if you made this topic) just go for a really ugly, insecure, fat girl, try to win her heart and then use her to practice your skills. After you experiment with her you can then go for someone better. Trust me, most people do this and it works.

ReputationRep:
    But how I do start flirting with a girl that I like. Also, how I do I just start flirting with a girl I dont really know? What do I say?
    That doesn't really work.

Well it does work, but you have to already know how to approach girls and talk to them, so it's not a good place to start.

Have any female friends? Hang out with them and you can meet their friends. That's a good way to go about meeting girls at your age.
    Going with a guy's female friends might work as long as you're sure they won't steal your thunder :P
    Or be a bit more blunt and ask one to hook you up with a friend of theirs.

ReputationRep:
    :console: You'll be fine, OP. Get out there at uni!

I'm 15, and never done anything, not even kissed

ReputationRep:
    hey, it's ok. I've never done anything either and I know a boy who's older than you who's never had a girlfriend. My brother got a girlfriend quite late as well. Just try to forget about it and maybe it'll happen? Since it won't if you stay worked up about it. Maybe get drunk and make out with someone? Maybe you'll find it easier then. Also, just don't flirt if you can't. Just get to know them and then tell them that you like them.

ReputationRep:
    Don't go for a girl you don't know - why would you want to do that? If you go for a stranger in a pub or club, then you've selected them only on their appearance. And the girl knows that too. Fair enough, some like it and go for it because they feel flattered, but most know that you're just a stranger, so your only feelings for her are superficial.
    I think I speak for a lot of girls who would much rather have someone get to know them first. That way, they know that you genuinely like them and want to be with them, and they also know you, and whether or not they like you.

Don't worry about shyness: it's endearing, but go for the right girl, please. If you don't know girls, go out and get to know them! She'll feel special if you have a real reason for choosing her, not just because of the length of her skirt.

(Original post by Bella Occhi)
    :console: You'll be fine, OP. Get out there at uni!
    How? I dont know how to flirt with a girl or what to say.

ReputationRep:
    Well the first step is to stop being a desperate whingy ******* and man up. Crying into a pillow will definitely not get you a girl.

(Original post by ClaireHogben)
    Don't go for a girl you don't know - why would you want to do that? If you go for a stranger in a pub or club, then you've selected them only on their appearance. And the girl knows that too. Fair enough, some like it and go for it because they feel flattered, but most know that you're just a stranger, so your only feelings for her are superficial.
    I think I speak for a lot of girls who would much rather have someone get to know them first. That way, they know that you genuinely like them and want to be with them, and they also know you, and whether or not they like you.

Don't worry about shyness: it's endearing, but go for the right girl, please. If you don't know girls, go out and get to know them! She'll feel special if you have a real reason for choosing her, not just because of the length of her skirt.
    :lolwut: Plenty of girls met their boyfriends because of a random approach. I dont want to be friend zoned. So I need to flirt straight away to show that I am interested. But how can I do that if your saying dont do it to a random girl? How am I supposed to get to know her and not be friend zoned then?

ReputationRep:
    ....How do you expect to have a girl if you arent confident enough to approach one.

Surprisingly mate there are alot of people in your situation, me being one of them, you can just flick through TSR forums and alot of people post similar things, and Ive read a few of them, and the baseline for all of them seems to be 'confidence' apparently. Your probably really nervous about rejection or something like that, cus I know I was, and what I kept thinking to myself is 'what have I got to loose' and the answer most of the time is nothing, find a girl you like and see if they want to see a film or something, or Laser QUest which is always fun =) (actually leave laser quest for more of a fifth date kind of thing), however another piece of advice I will give you is; after asking this person out whether that be as a causal film, or actually saying "do you want to go out on date?"YOU HAVE GOT TO make your move at the latest on the fourth date because you do not want to fall into the friend zone (which is what I did) you have to act yourself and make your intentions clear (that you want to date this person) otherwise it isnt fun trust me...

Like me I'm sure when you think of asking someone out your probably thinking 'what will I talk about' and dont let this get you down, because you will be surprised how easy conversation is when your on a date lol.

and if you are having trouble I found that a superb ice breaker is telling them the worst thing about yourself/character and asking to hear this, nothing breaks the ice more =)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.