Turn on thread page Beta

Never had a girlfriend. Feel like crying sometimes :( watch

ReputationRep:
    I have this problem. I'm 17 and have been at an all girl's school since I was 11 so I barely know any boys.

When I do meet boys, I'm too shy to say anything so they go for my more confident, prettier friends.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if a random guy came up to me, because it would make me feel special. You wouldn't have to flirt, just going up and starting a conversation would be a start.

(Original post by ChocoLoco)
    ....How do you expect to have a girl if you arent confident enough to approach one.
    That is exactly what I actually asked for help about. How to flirt with a girl I dont really know so maybe I may be able to get with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That is exactly what I actually asked for help about. How to flirt with a girl I dont really know so maybe I may be able to get with her.
    Well if you arent the talking type i cant really tell you to talk to girls.

BUT know that a smile goes a long way. Try it.

ReputationRep:
    I am 19 and never done anything with a girl. Everyone around me has at least kissed a girl before. I get really sad when I see couples because I know that I have never had that before. Late at night, when I am by myself, I feel like tearing up :cry2:. I really want to at least get my first kiss. But I am shy and am not good with flirting with girls . Help me please? For once I just want to be able to feel like I have at least gotten my first kiss.
    ive got a really great book and dvds you should watch. Its all about building your confidence and learning to make a girl laugh...I read/started using about 3 years ago, and Ive never looked back. PM me, Ill give you details...
    They will make a BIG difference, I assure you!

Well if you arent the talking type i cant really tell you to talk to girls.

BUT know that a smile goes a long way. Try it.
    I cant learn to approach girls properly without help any more than a 'dumb' person can become 'smart' at school without getting help .

Just saying "become more confident" or something like that is about as useful as telling someone who failed their mocks to "become smarter" without any help .

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Plenty of girls met their boyfriends because of a random approach. I dont want to be friend zoned. So I need to flirt straight away to show that I am interested. But how can I do that if your saying dont do it to a random girl? How am I supposed to get to know her and not be friend zoned then?
    If you get to know her for years, you'll be friend-zoned, but a couple of weeks - that's fine! Trust me

ReputationRep:
    I think flirting can be cheesy and I personally wouldn't take it seriously. I would prefer general friendliness and conversation.
    When you start university, there'll be girls who are just as shy and uncomfortable as you, so I would try and approach them because they'd appreciate the company.

ReputationRep:
    I cant learn to approach girls properly without help any more than a 'dumb' person can become 'smart' at school without getting help .

Just saying "become more confident" or something like that is about as useful as telling someone who failed their mocks to "become smarter" without any help .
    Ok lets take you a bit more serious.

What social events do you attend? I assume you dont go clubbing but any of them uni societies/clubs?
    What is your group of friends like?
    What girls DO you know?
    Are you in any way attractive?
    How is your clothing style?

ReputationRep:
    I am 19 and never done anything with a girl. Everyone around me has at least kissed a girl before. I get really sad when I see couples because I know that I have never had that before. Late at night, when I am by myself, I feel like tearing up :cry2:. I really want to at least get my first kiss. But I am shy and am not good with flirting with girls . Help me please? For once I just want to be able to feel like I have at least gotten my first kiss.
    hey. im 19, i never had a boyfriend either. sometimes i feel like crying and so I do. because it helps to move on...
    i have no advice to give u, im afraid. u have to wait...

ReputationRep:
    How? I dont know how to flirt with a girl or what to say.
    You dont have to go straight in to flirting when you talk to a girl... do you have any friends who are girls?
    Look after yourself and make friends, talk friendly with girls first and build your confidence up.

ReputationRep:
    As my mates have told me tonight, since I am currently crushing on the girl across the hall, you just need to find the confidence to get past the first step.

For you, the first step doesn't necessarily have to be the kiss outright. It could be just casually striking up a conversation with someone in class, or at a club; it could be asking one of your friends (that you fancy) out for the day, casual-like. Obviously I'm kind of playing the hypocrite here telling you to do this sort of stuff when I haven't even got the gall to walk across the hall, knock on my crush's door and say "Hey, are you doing anything tomorrow afternoon? Fancy going into town?"

Don't worry though - it'll all come eventually. I got my first kiss when I was 15 through a drunk game of spin-the-bottle. I never kissed another girl until the week before my 19th birthday. I didn't have a steady relationship until I was 20. It all came down to confidence, rather than any luck or whatever...well, confidence and a fair bit of drinking, if I'm honest...

Ok lets take you a bit more serious.

What social events do you attend? I assume you dont go clubbing but any of them uni societies/clubs?
    What is your group of friends like?
    What girls DO you know?
    Are you in any way attractive?
    How is your clothing style?
    1. I start uni next week actually. I will be going to freshers though.
    2. What do you mean? I think my friends are pretty cool.
    3. I know girls who are attractive and girls who arent. One said she would hook me up with a friend. Never happened though :sad:.
    4. :dontknow:
    5. I think my clothes are quite good actually

ReputationRep:
    1. I start uni next week actually. I will be going to freshers though.
    2. What do you mean? I think my friends are pretty cool.
    3. I know girls who are attractive and girls who arent. One said she would hook me up with a friend. Never happened though :sad:.
    4. :dontknow:
    5. I think my clothes are quite good actually
    You clearly arent a hopeless case bro. That girl that told you she would hook you up with a friend likes you. What did you tell her when she said that? She was testing you.. (atleast in most cases.)

Hit freshers week and post here again and tell us how that went.
    A bit of alcohol and crazy freshers will turn your life around.

ReputationRep:
    im 18 and never had a boyfriend, my only excuse for getting with lots of guys is that i get very drunk, very often.

23 and never had a girlfriend

Don't really want one, I'm happy being me and if there's one thing I hate it's being tied down or being dragged down by others.

Had loads of opportunities but haven't really been interested. Have kissed a load of girls and done everything with them except oral/foreplay/full sex though.

Oh and I know you probably think I'm gay but I'm not. Another thing is that all the encounters I had with girls were totally unexpected and unplanned so I tihnk if you're actively looking for it your less likely to find it.

Good luck and it'll happen for you some day.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    OP - man up.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahah :rofl: you've never had a gf XD

ReputationRep:
    Get drunk, go to a dark club with lots of girls in it... and release the inner tiger :sexface:

You clearly arent a hopeless case bro. That girl that told you she would hook you up with a friend likes you. What did you tell her when she said that? She was testing you.. (atleast in most cases.)

Hit freshers week and post here again and tell us how that went.
    A bit of alcohol and crazy freshers will turn your life around.
    Well we were texting and I told her I thought her friend was pretty (facebook pic). She then said she would "play cupid" and hook us up. But it never happened. I brought it up again soon. She then said that she will next time she sees her friend. But it still never happened. I never mentioned it again because I dont want her to know that I am desperate. I admit that I am, but I dont want anyone else to know.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.