Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never had a girlfriend. Feel like crying sometimes :( watch

ReputationRep:
    I was 19 when I had my first kiss, all you need to do is build up your confidence, give flirting a try....and grow a pair :P

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Aww OP
    Just be patient, i'm sure you're find someone soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well we were texting and I told her I thought her friend was pretty (facebook pic). She then said she would "play cupid" and hook us up. But it never happened. I brought it up again soon. She then said that she will next time she sees her friend. But it still never happened. I never mentioned it again because I dont want her to know that I am desperate. I admit that I am, but I dont want anyone else to know.
    omg.

That girl likes you bro.. forget her friend LOL. Why are you so clueless!

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahah :rofl: you've never had a gf XD

ReputationRep:
    Anon bro I have a cure, just watch this and you'll feel a lot better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYA9DaSIddo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chunderonme)
    Hahahahahah :rofl: you've never had a gf XD
    I don't care about what you've written, but why have you put a lol next to Exeter Uni in your sig? Have you even applied yet?

OP: surprisingly large numbers of people go to (and leave!) uni never having kissed/touched/been out with/had sex with someone - don't worry about it and remember that university essentially offers you a great opportunity to create whatever image you want in different groups of people, in societies etc. Just try and be yourself, be sociable and if you're desperate to do it then there will be plenty of alcohol-fuelled situations where it'll be possible.

(Original post by chemical_bex)
    :hugs: Aww OP
    Just be patient, i'm sure you're find someone soon
    I hope so :cry2:. Tips to flirt with girls please? .

(Original post by ChocoLoco)
    omg.

That girl likes you bro.. forget her friend LOL. Why are you so clueless!
    She has given no clue or hints what-so-ever that she is interested in me :dontknow:.

Alcohol helps. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so :cry2:. Tips to flirt with girls please? .
    Well, talking about their interests, asking about them. I like it when guys do that with me anyways.

Well, talking about their interests, asking about them. I like it when guys do that with me anyways.
    What about showing that I am interested? Like when should I compliment and what do I say? etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ask about her personally. Show that you care but without going to deep. You will look like a freak!

Also, a drink or two will help you forget your insecurities. So will she

ReputationRep:
    Curb crawling?

21 year old guy in his final year of uni here and have also done nothing with a girl and I really mean nothing (no kisses, no dates, no flirting- nothing).

Its painful to think of all the experiences I am not having, of all the fun I'm missing out on. Girls are generally at the peak of their beauty in the 18-21 age range which makes me even madder since I'm missing out on the best years (unless I start dating my 20 year old secretary once I make it to managing director or chief financial officer).

I don't think I am a horrible guy either- I am intelligent, tall, muscular/athletic, don't drink or smoke and otherwise a decent person so I don't think the gals would find me too objectionable.

Its just that I am hopeless at approaching and talking to girls, I just lack the skills. Things don't get easier with time either as the proportion of megavirgins in the general population decreases with greater age. I feel that the expectations of skills and experiences that I should have goes up and this doesn't make things easier either.

ReputationRep:
    What about showing that I am interested? Like when should I compliment and what do I say? etc.
    Compliment as an opener, by asking about her and talking about her and not you/anyone else it's showing your interested in her

Compliment as an opener, by asking about her and talking about her and not you/anyone else it's showing your interested in her
    But like how? Do I just say "Hey, I think you look pretty so I just thought I would come and talk to you" or something like that? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Just admit it, your gay. Theres no point denying it any longer.

/s

ReputationRep:
    But like how? Do I just say "Hey, I think you look pretty so I just thought I would come and talk to you" or something like that? :dontknow:
    "Wow, you have really gorgeous hair, that's an amazing colour" "I really like your style, what else about you will I like" - Is what guys say to me 90% of the time. (Or variations of) Be honest in your compliment :p:, what is it about her that you like?

"Wow, you have really gorgeous hair, that's an amazing colour" "I really like your style, what else about you will I like" - Is what guys say to me 90% of the time. (Or variations of) Be honest in your compliment :p:, what is it about her that you like?
    Well who doesnt like pretty girls :p:. But how do I carry on with the conversation? Lets say I go up to a girl and say she is really pretty. She says thanks you, but then what? . Sorry im so clueless .

ReputationRep:
    But how I do start flirting with a girl that I like. Also, how I do I just start flirting with a girl I dont really know? What do I say?
    My advice: get to know her first!

Why not join a club/society?
    If you share some common ground/interests/hobbies with a girl it'll be much easier than just approaching her randomly.

And you'll be in a better position to gauge whether she already has a boyfriend or whether she finds you attractive, before you make a move (if you're scared of rejection).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.