Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

For those never been clubbing before-My first time-read this! watch

Announcements

Hey guys. Basically I thought I would never think I would have the guts to go clubbing-especially dance due to being shy and nervous and things.

I thought i'd post this as it might motivate a few "geeks"

I didn't want to dance and after a girl asked me to dance with her I said no sorry because I was too shy/nervous but soon after when she held her hands out for me to dance with her I did so and started dancing for the first time ever. I probably looked stupid but eventually eased off and started to really enjoy it!!

I managed to dirty dance with 3 different hot girls idk if this is bad or anything but tbh for my first time i bloody well loved it!

I know to most of you this will probably seem like something so easily and stupid but it was really hard for me to build up the courage to do this, i hadn't even had anything to drink.

I just wanted to post this here as I thought i wouldn't enjoy it and this thought became so powerful it has stopped me till now (i'm 18) So don't knock it until you've tried it and puish yourself out of your comfort zone,

You'l regret what you didn't do, not what you did usually:rolleyes:

Thought i'd share that

Good luck people

ReputationRep:
    apathy knows no bounds.

I love clubbing now gonna do it often such an amazing thing far above my expectations! Was sad when the club closed

ReputationRep:
    lol you love it cuz you got to grind up against 3 girls *facepalm*
    but good on you though ... I know a bunch of my shy friends who get over this shy thing by pre-gaming. It's a good thing that you realize that clubbing isn't as bad as everybody who hasn't been thinks it is

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if troll...if not: LOL WTF
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I love clubbing now gonna do it often such an amazing thing far above my expectations! Was sad when the club closed
    I thought like this 3 months ago. I now hate clubbing. Its something for once in a while nothing else

ReputationRep:
    well played OP. Finally someone 'manned' up.

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    na its ok

ReputationRep:
    I remember being nervous the first time I went! (mainly because I was underage and using someone else's ID...) but when I got there I was like "this is the coolest thing ever!" Now that I've been quite a few times, its starting to wear off. It's also a lot more fun when you're single, too

(Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Not sure if troll...if not: LOL WTF
    Nope, I wanted to motivate shy guys friom here and maybe inspire them as I am so glad I did.

It's a terrible thing taht shyness can stop you from doign thigs you'd enjoy, also something you will inevitabely regret

(Original post by strawberry)
    lol you love it cuz you got to grind up against 3 girls *facepalm*
    but good on you though ... I know a bunch of my shy friends who get over this shy thing by pre-gaming. It's a good thing that you realize that clubbing isn't as bad as everybody who hasn't been thinks it is
    Yeah I wanted to write this for those guys/girls.

What does pre-gaming mean btw?

ReputationRep:
    pre-gaming is the act of drinking some before you actually hit the club so that you don't need to drink much more to be drunk.
    it's also good if you want to save money on buying drinks cuz you need less to get drunk :P

ReputationRep:
    I love clubbing...........people to death.

ReputationRep:
    mate, submit that to truelad.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you dirty danced, OP is homo. I just can't do clubs. Moving on the spot like a retard whilst drinking andoccasional smoke is a waste of time and money and is what the commoners do to enjoy their lives.

ReputationRep:
    congratulations man Ussumane Approves!

ReputationRep:
    he who dares wins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    I remember being nervous the first time I went! (mainly because I was underage and using someone else's ID...) but when I got there I was like "this is the coolest thing ever!" Now that I've been quite a few times, its starting to wear off. It's also a lot more fun when you're single, too
    This, I have to force myself to go out sometimes when I'm seeing someone.

Edit: To the muppet who negged this, you're wrong so lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well done OP :top:
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by strawberry)
    pre-gaming is the act of drinking some before you actually hit the club so that you don't need to drink much more to be drunk.
    it's also good if you want to save money on buying drinks cuz you need less to get drunk :P
    My friends and I call that "a wee pre-bev".

Gawd, we sound cool :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.