Turn on thread page Beta

For those never been clubbing before-My first time-read this! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys. Basically I thought I would never think I would have the guts to go clubbing-especially dance due to being shy and nervous and things.

I thought i'd post this as it might motivate a few "geeks"

I didn't want to dance and after a girl asked me to dance with her I said no sorry because I was too shy/nervous but soon after when she held her hands out for me to dance with her I did so and started dancing for the first time ever. I probably looked stupid but eventually eased off and started to really enjoy it!!

I managed to dirty dance with 3 different hot girls idk if this is bad or anything but tbh for my first time i bloody well loved it!

I know to most of you this will probably seem like something so easily and stupid but it was really hard for me to build up the courage to do this, i hadn't even had anything to drink.

I just wanted to post this here as I thought i wouldn't enjoy it and this thought became so powerful it has stopped me till now (i'm 18) So don't knock it until you've tried it and puish yourself out of your comfort zone,

You'l regret what you didn't do, not what you did usually:rolleyes:

Thought i'd share that

Good luck people
    with a few pints, it's even more fun isn't it?

(Original post by big-boss-91)
    with a few pints, it's even more fun isn't it?
    Not sure, I didn't drink at all that night, just water lol!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Love.Angel.Music.Baby)
    and what?

This is the kind of attitude that makes people scared to try going out, surely 'clubbing' (I hate the word) is about getting a little stupid and having a good time, not about demonstrating my mad skills on the dance floor?

Why bother judging people? If i wanna do the crazy leg with chicken wings, I will. That is all.

/rant
    I didn't say that clubbing isn't about having fun, all I'm saying is the majority of you lot look stupid. I've always wondered why white people can't keep to a simple rhythm when dancing, surely it can't be that hard. But I guess if waving your arms around off beat is fun then cool. :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    My favorite club song - Inna (Hot) Club mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rh3_r0nbKs

When it plays i go totally fokin mental woo

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and have never been clubbing and I don't think I will be going either by the looks of it. I am really shy and all my housemates are boring and just stay locked up in their rooms. I've had conversations with all of them they seem really nice but they just don't seem to integrate much. I have tried on my part but they don't seem to do anything else. I don't know what to do, I know i'm missing out on a LOT of fresher parties!

ReputationRep:
    Clubbing for the most part is awful.

It's all about gigs. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    pre-gaming is the act of drinking some before you actually hit the club so that you don't need to drink much more to be drunk.
    it's also good if you want to save money on buying drinks cuz you need less to get drunk :P
    pre-gaming is what Americans call it. In the UK it's pre-seshing or pre-lashing, or for out of touch politicians, pre-loading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    No, i have a girlfriend.
    You are straight but you wouldn't like to dance with a hot drunk girl in a club? Am I missing something here?

ReputationRep:
    and what?

This is the kind of attitude that makes people scared to try going out, surely 'clubbing' (I hate the word) is about getting a little stupid and having a good time, not about demonstrating my mad skills on the dance floor?

Why bother judging people? If i wanna do the crazy leg with chicken wings, I will. That is all.

/rant
    I think you fail to appreciate the science behind it. In clubs people use dancing as the primary way to judge a potential sexual partner. If someone can't dance, they're not likely to be good in bed. It's all about being comfortable in your body and exuding confidence.

If someone can't dance it is a real turn off. I've seen girls who at first aren't too bad looking, but once they start dancing it's cringe.

ReputationRep:
    OP got heavy [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    were you on ecstasy then?

ReputationRep:
    i drunk a lot of alcohol on my first night but everyone went straight to bed when i drank two liters of water without them knowing.... no hangover and they're puzzled!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Basically I thought I would never think I would have the guts to go clubbing-especially dance due to being shy and nervous and things.

I thought i'd post this as it might motivate a few "geeks"

I didn't want to dance and after a girl asked me to dance with her I said no sorry because I was too shy/nervous but soon after when she held her hands out for me to dance with her I did so and started dancing for the first time ever. I probably looked stupid but eventually eased off and started to really enjoy it!!

I managed to dirty dance with 3 different hot girls idk if this is bad or anything but tbh for my first time i bloody well loved it!

I know to most of you this will probably seem like something so easily and stupid but it was really hard for me to build up the courage to do this, i hadn't even had anything to drink.

I just wanted to post this here as I thought i wouldn't enjoy it and this thought became so powerful it has stopped me till now (i'm 18) So don't knock it until you've tried it and puish yourself out of your comfort zone,

You'l regret what you didn't do, not what you did usually:rolleyes:

Thought i'd share that

Good luck people

If you wasn't annon I'd rep you!

I love what you say here and I can entirely relate! I think I was 18, maybe even 19 when I first went to a club and I found it distressing in theory but enjoyable in practice.

It's strange how something so intimidating in theory is so enjoyable in practice!

Keep partying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trey)
    pre-gaming is what Americans call it. In the UK it's pre-seshing or pre-lashing, or for out of touch politicians, pre-loading.
    or Pre-town party!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I didn't say that clubbing isn't about having fun, all I'm saying is the majority of you lot look stupid. I've always wondered why white people can't keep to a simple rhythm when dancing, surely it can't be that hard. But I guess if waving your arms around off beat is fun then cool. :thumbsup:

Watch from 1:45 :teehee: and 2:43 particularly.

ReputationRep:
    Did you have a little tickle?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by natty_d)

Next time I see a white person dance I'm going to think 'Have I got it wrong' :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)

:rofl: man said "have I got it wrong"

ReputationRep:
    Well done, you dirty danced, something me and most my friends have been doing since year 7 (Y)

ReputationRep:
    and what?

/rant
    Sorry, if you go to a club mek sure yu can dance!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.