OCR A2 Chemistry coursework - planning an experiment for ID of an organic unknown Watch

This discussion is closed.
mrmarsupial
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi can anyone tell me exactly what has to be included in this.

I have done a flow chart and a method, safety. But do you need to go into the chemistry of how each test works?

Thanks
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Briefly yes
hamishr
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mrmarsupial)
Hi can anyone tell me exactly what has to be included in this.

I have done a flow chart and a method, safety. But do you need to go into the chemistry of how each test works?

Thanks
Hi im doing that piece of coursework to are there any good websites with relevent material? i cant seem to find any?

cheers
ThunderCat8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have done this coursework this year, and have gotten an 8.

You have to do the flow chart. Then you have to give instructions for each test. Ie for the test with Bromine you have to say "Add 5 drops of Bromine to 10cm3 of the compound..." etc.

Then you have to give a bibliography saying where you got each of the tests from. Most likely from Chem2 book, but try to include other sources. 3 is a good amount. Make sure that you put references from your tests to the bibliography itself. Using numbers is a good idea.

Hope this helps!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (0)
0%
Yes- I don't like it (0)
0%
No- I want it (0)
0%
No- I don't want it (0)