Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you differentiate a girl you want to have sex with, to a potential girlfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Really curious as to what goes through guys minds when they realise.

ReputationRep:
    You dont think of her as a sexual object but like her as a person.

ReputationRep:
    Could we please have a mathematician on to make a joke about differentiation? I'm afraid I didn't listen much in Add. Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skull-Crusher)
    You dont think of her as a sexual object but like her as a person.
    You don't think of girls that you aren't interested in romantically as people? Even if I just want to have sex with a girl and I have no interest in a real relationship, she still gets respect from me.

Anyway.

The difference is, a girl I want to have sex with is just a girl I want to have sex with. A potential girlfriend is a girl I want to have sex with multiple times. And maybe even go to dinner and curl up on the sofa with too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    Really curious as to what goes through guys minds when they realise.
    sex buddy: looks. girlfriend: looks and personality.

ReputationRep:
    dy/dx:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Common sense OP!!

ReputationRep:
    dy-girlfriend/dx-sex

ReputationRep:
    I thought it might get some Maths jokes as I posted it! Haha. So if you met a girl, what would it be that would make you think "wow, I want to date that girl" rather than "wow, I want to rag that girl"? (for example).

ReputationRep:
    Sex - Purely looks.

Potential GF - Someone with a good personality, that I want to spend time with, not a **** and cute.

ReputationRep:
    One you have respect for; the other you don't.

I can only speak my opinion.

If a guy is looking for a relationship material girl, his mind is not on sex (we at least far less), so he is looking for a pretty face (a fit body doesnt matter as much, but healthy looking is ideal), a friendly/fun/cute personality (depends on the guy) and he want a girl who dresses modestly (what is modest in his view) in public. And he also looking for a girl with self-respect.

Being intimate too early will destroy any of his romantic feelings.

Lastly a guy looking for a commitment, doesnt want a ****

ReputationRep:
    A girl they could meet up, have no sexual contact with and not consider it a waste of time?

ReputationRep:
    im always the sex object never the gf material guys what do i do wrong!!

ReputationRep:
    Me too, guys always just seem to want to have sex with me! And when I don't have sex with them I am labelled a 'tease'. Oh dear god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w04andia)
    dy-girlfriend/dx-sex
    LOL! I would give that a +rep but I already repped someone today.

ReputationRep:
    Well if we approach this using first principles we can see as **** tends to zero, the f(gf) function outputs 'respect' which satisfies the equation of a girlfriend.

If 'love' is equal to the derivative you end up with 'personality' as the value of 'gf' from simple rearranging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    I thought it might get some Maths jokes as I posted it! Haha. So if you met a girl, what would it be that would make you think "wow, I want to date that girl" rather than "wow, I want to rag that girl"? (for example).
    a girl who has self-respect, status and an attractive personality would not put out on the first night of meeting a guy, i.e. not being a ****. guys and girls alike like a bit of a chase

ReputationRep:
    Sex:

Is she sexy?

Will she be trouble? I don't want a ONS with a girl who's going to borderline stalk me/tell lies because it doesn't lead to a relationship.

Does she know I just want a shag? I don't want to lead a girl on and make her think we could be going somewhere other than my bedroom/park bench/her bedroom.

Relationship:

Do I find her sexually attractive?
    Can I have a conversation with her?
    Does she have any class/culture?
    Will I get bored with her?
    Do I feel good when I'm around her person?
    Is she good fun?
    Does she like me?

If a girl ticks all the above boxes, she's relationship material.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issih)
    im always the sex object never the gf material guys what do i do wrong!!
    Go for the wrong sort of guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    Could we please have a mathematician on to make a joke about differentiation? I'm afraid I didn't listen much in Add. Maths
    You integrate her

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.