Turn on thread page Beta

Best music genre, in your opininon? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Your prefered music genre?
    Rock/Punk etc
    24.21%
    Indie/Indie rock etc
    15.79%
    Pop
    4.21%
    R&B
    8.42%
    Hip Hop
    5.26%
    Rap
    3.16%
    Country
    1.05%
    House
    4.21%
    Other (Specify)
    33.68%

ReputationRep:
    Metal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    Ofcourse ofcourse Aswell as a bit of Gavin Degraw, Carrie Underwood, Wes Carr and a little Uncle Kracker :p:

WOO :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    House is up there and to be fair that's the best you can hope for from such a flawed poll.
    Honestly, i would vote Rock above house, but yeh as a whole i would vote Electronica above Rock.

ReputationRep:
    Preffered genre is probably experimental rock (though this probably isn't even the genre) - bands which cross into a lot of different genres in a single song/album like Faith No More/Mr.Bungle. :yep: Progressive metal and old-school/golden era hip hop come close too. :pimp:

ReputationRep:
    hip-hop.

ReputationRep:
    Rock I guess, though really I only listen to relatively few artists, primarily Rock bands from the 60's-90's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    Oh, post-rock :love: Have you tried MONO or even Ólafur Arnalds?
    Of course, but I'm far more of a 65/Mogwai fan on that front. 65 especially, given the sound of their latest album.

ReputationRep:
    folk/acoustic

ReputationRep:
    Ambient/post rock/minimal :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.