Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I last had sex about 6 weeks ago, having taken all of my microgynon pills properly.

One week later I had my 7 day break and withdrawal bleed - as usual - indicating I wasn't pregnant.

Haven't had sex in the intervening month.

Now I'm on my next 7 day break - it's day 6 and no signs of a bleed (usually I do get the bleed fairly late, but usually by day 6, not as late as 7.)

If the bleed doesn't come tomorrow, my question is, is this possibly just a normal, if rather random, occurance; or should I be worrying and getting a test done? And what should I do about my next pack - carry on as normal? And, if I do a test and it comes out negative, should I be seeing the doc anyway as missed bleeding is abnormal?

Any advice gratefully received! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I would assume it's a little bit strange but given you didn't have sex in the intervening month it's unlikely to indicate pregnancy. loads of people have breakthrough bleeding with microgynon, maybe you've just got the opposite this month...how long have you been on it?

To be honest I'd give it a week- my bleeding comes about day 6 and lasts til the 2nd day I'm taking the pill so it's later than my actual break, yours might be getting later or something- then take a test just to be sure. If you haven't been feeling anything else I really doubt you're pregnant though, fear not!

ReputationRep:
    Take a test, the breakthrough bleed on the pill can still occur when you are pregnant. Don't start taking the pill again until you have established whether you are pregnant or not.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.