Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dont you just hate JLS? Watch

• View Poll Results: Hate Jls?
    Yes
    68.09%
    No
    31.91%

I like them, find one (the tall one) cute, but they are annoying. The condom thing is just one step too far IMO! . . . And their music is dreadful. How the ''Club is alive'' got to no1 is beyond me! . . :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    lol! Their music isn't really my thing and the dancing showing off their muscle makes me cringe but to be fair they are really talented just not my kinda group... but still sooo much better and successful than others off x-factor...(Leona is amazing though IMO) :yep:
    Yeh the way they purposly wear them sleevless shirts to show their muscles haha! I admit their music isn't that bad though

ReputationRep:
    No, they seem like nice lads & can actually sing A cappella. I hate some of their music they release (especially that dreadful club is alive song) but I still think they have some ok-ish songs.

Oh and that condom idea is ridiculous, I admire their intentions, but 95% of their fans are >13 and aren't having sex and even if they were no male would wear a JLS endorsed condom

ReputationRep:
    young stupd girls who havent had sex will end up wanting to have sex just to use their condom, so it is promoting underage ex. They will do anything to make money. They seem alright guys, but ijust dont believe it. Hate their music to how any fo their singles got to no1 is beyond me apart from everybody in love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    They are a bad generic pop band, who cant sing who drip every bioney from their teenage fans. I mean they are evn promoting teenage sex with their new condoms!!!
    Hurrah! Finally someone who feels the same as I do.

Their music is terrible - 'everybody in love' and 'the club is alive' are among the worst songs I have ever heard.

They're 'big' for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only:

1) They came about at the right time - i.e. when there were no other boybands about

2) They were on the x factor, and hence got exposure

ReputationRep:
    Don't really care for them tbh, top 40 music continues to disappoint me anyway

ReputationRep:
    i didntlike their style and music

untill i met them...................... they were so nice and sweet to their fans

in order marvin and the guy who wears red are the nicest to the fans

marvin was so sweet , i coulndt believe had wicked convo with him but .....

JB IS A *****HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH HE WAS SO MEAN TO EVERYONE........ JERK

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate them, I think dislike would be a better word to use.
    I don't see the appeal, to be honest. Their music is just a copy of what everyone else is doing these days and I don't think they're particulary good looking either.

Although I think they did a good thing with the condoms, I'd rather have teenagers liking JLS and having safe sex than not liking JLS and having unprotected sex. It's more useful than releasing a perfume or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    short answer yes...
    I prefer to listen to Radiohead, they make me feel smart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    but still sooo much better and successful than others off x-factor...(Leona is amazing though IMO) :yep:
    Means absolutely nothing. That is like saying a League Two team are better than a non-league team.

ReputationRep:
    You can't exactly hate somebody you don't personally know.
    You may not enjoy they're music but that's a completely different thing! I don't see why people have such a huge issue with boybands or boy artists. People tend to call them 'gay' when they're clearly not which is pathetic.
    I love JLS, however I know there are people that don't so that's not an issue, just a matter of opinion.

May I also add, they are not promoting sex! They're promoting safe sex because the teen pregnancies in the UK are really high. That is all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.