Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK, I am starting uni tomorrow, I thort I had my finance done, I have confirmation that I will get 3290.
    however I am going to enroll on electronics engineering at coventry uni, but my finance is for electronic and electrical engineering at coventry.
    I have just changed this course, but I fear I buggered it up and its too late.
    what will happen? will I be refused at the UNI tomoz?
    I thort that aslong as you could get the funding at the correct uni you was OK?
    the course is very similar and its in the same department, so surely it cant be that bad.
    I havent put any course codes down etc, are all of these sorted out on the enrollment day?
    plz help

ReputationRep:
    *thought. sorry it's just really pissing me off

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there'll be any problem. Contact the uni and/or student finance if you're unsure but the main thing is that the uni is right. The name of your course won't make any difference to what finance you're eligible to receive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VersaEmerge)
    *thought. sorry it's just really pissing me off
    Yeah, I think that's OP's biggest problem right now.

ReputationRep:
    You will probably still be funded.

Give student finance a ring tommorrow ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    I think you will be fine, just explain to them that you have corrected it and all the amounts will be the same so i can't see why there would be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Not a big deal really, people change course all the time, and the what they've got is pretty similar to the degree you're doing anyway. Besides, I think they mostly use it for statistics. As long as your name and uni is right, I don't think they'll mind. Just phone them up and ask them to change your record.

ReputationRep:
    OK, doesnt sound so bad then.
    I have updated it online, now it shows the usual awaiting confirmation crap.
    I already have a letter with the breakdown of payments, Im going to take this with me tomoz, see what they say.
    BTW, what do you do? do they ask for proof of funding on the first day and how do you prove it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p3tr01h34d)
    OK, I am starting uni tomorrow, I thort I had my finance done, I have confirmation that I will get 3290.
    however I am going to enroll on electronics engineering at coventry uni, but my finance is for electronic and electrical engineering at coventry.
    I have just changed this course, but I fear I buggered it up and its too late.
    what will happen? will I be refused at the UNI tomoz?
    I thort that aslong as you could get the funding at the correct uni you was OK?
    the course is very similar and its in the same department, so surely it cant be that bad.
    I havent put any course codes down etc, are all of these sorted out on the enrollment day?
    plz help
    It won't make much of a difference. Contact SFE and advise them of the change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p3tr01h34d)
    OK, doesnt sound so bad then.
    I have updated it online, now it shows the usual awaiting confirmation crap.
    I already have a letter with the breakdown of payments, Im going to take this with me tomoz, see what they say.
    BTW, what do you do? do they ask for proof of funding on the first day and how do you prove it?
    It depends on the uni. Some will want the letter, others confirm everything directly with the SLC.

ReputationRep:
    You can change your course details when you log in to your account with the SLC. The SLC recently released this message...

You can now make changes to your student finance application online. Login to your student finance account to change your course, university or college or finance details.

If you applied for student finance on paper, you can still change these details online, and you do not have to wait for your initial application to be processed. You will need to use the log in details the SLC have sent to you.

Do this online at:

Student Finance England –
    www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, you should be fine. Don't panic if you don't get it even after a couple of days though; as this truely normal for SFE!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.