Turn on thread page Beta

Travel West Midlands (National Express) - Birmingham City Centre (and Walsall) watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi I'm majorly confused about Travel West Midlands' Student passes.

Basically I am at college and I've just realised that I need a travel card. However I've narrowed this down to the "Student Regional Travel Card" (http://www.travelwm.co.uk/tickets-an...Travelcard/23/) and its the term 1 £120 one.

However it does not include Trains which I need to catch as it is faster and easier for me to get to college. The bus takes 45 minutes from Walsall which means I need to walk 20 minutes to college (its takes 10 minutes from Birmingham New Street if I catch by train).

But on the otherhand, The "Student Regional n-network Travelcard (Zone 1-2)" (http://www.travelwm.co.uk/tickets-an...rdZones1-2/36/) includes both buses and trains, but I don't know if it is available 7 days a week (as the "Student Regional Travelcard" does) and this one for term 1 costs £169 - £49 more expensive than the first one that I mentioned about.

If I buy either of these Travelcards, do I still need to pay a bus (and train) fare as well, if so how much?

So to the conclusion which is best to go for?

My criteria:

*Bus and Train.
    *Valid all day, for 7 days a week.
    *Probably don't want to pay a fare both for bus and train.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    This is confusing - why not ring them up or pop into New Street and ask?

edit - maybe the TWM place in the Pavillions would be best?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.