Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Travel West Midlands (National Express) - Birmingham City Centre (and Walsall) Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi I'm majorly confused about Travel West Midlands' Student passes.

Basically I am at college and I've just realised that I need a travel card. However I've narrowed this down to the "Student Regional Travel Card" (http://www.travelwm.co.uk/tickets-an...Travelcard/23/) and its the term 1 £120 one.

However it does not include Trains which I need to catch as it is faster and easier for me to get to college. The bus takes 45 minutes from Walsall which means I need to walk 20 minutes to college (its takes 10 minutes from Birmingham New Street if I catch by train).

But on the otherhand, The "Student Regional n-network Travelcard (Zone 1-2)" (http://www.travelwm.co.uk/tickets-an...rdZones1-2/36/) includes both buses and trains, but I don't know if it is available 7 days a week (as the "Student Regional Travelcard" does) and this one for term 1 costs £169 - £49 more expensive than the first one that I mentioned about.

If I buy either of these Travelcards, do I still need to pay a bus (and train) fare as well, if so how much?

So to the conclusion which is best to go for?

My criteria:

*Bus and Train.
    *Valid all day, for 7 days a week.
    *Probably don't want to pay a fare both for bus and train.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    This is confusing - why not ring them up or pop into New Street and ask?

edit - maybe the TWM place in the Pavillions would be best?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.