Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have tried so many things but they just wont go away. I have lost some weight in the past and i still have the moobs :/ and i hate them.

What can i do to get rid of them? Is there a certain excersize that you have tried that works?

ReputationRep:
    Gain muscle.

ReputationRep:
    keep losing more weight and gain muscle on your chest
    simple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)
    Gain muscle.
    (Original post by TGosling1234)
    keep losing more weight and gain muscle on your chest
    simple

I tried to do weights and did a ton of push ups and only seemed to make them more noticeable :/

Is there a certain technique?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impossible59)
    I tried to do weights and did a ton of push ups and only seemed to make them more noticeable :/

Is there a certain technique?
    use the internets
    dont want to give you bad information myself

ReputationRep:
    You can get some pills from the doctors?

ReputationRep:
    HIIT and compund movements for many months. You're not gonna lose them after a week of pushups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexy_me)
    HIIT and compund movements for many months. You're not gonna lose them after a week of pushups.
    Im not really familliar with these, can you give examples of a routine that i should do ?

ReputationRep:
    Starting strength, stronglifts 5x5, ws4sb. These are all for beginners, google them and try one. With these you are expected to eat a lot and gain fat and muscle and then lose excess fat.

Since you already have excess fat, you might want to just start with HIIT, which is cardio focussed on short, intense sessions, like lots of sprints as oppossed to a 5k run. Although I would include some compound lifting in your routine such as bench, deads, squats, OHP etc. even if you don't follow a strength routine.

ReputationRep:
    Im not really familliar with these, can you give examples of a routine that i should do ?
    ^ forgot to quote

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctor. Seriously, I'm sure they give out some medication to lower hormones that make your moobs grow? Google it first though...

ReputationRep:
    Evista

ReputationRep:
    Press Ups

ReputationRep:
    You could actually have more breast tissue, due to weird hormones when growing up, so, no matter how much fat you loose they'll still be there.

Go to the Doctors.

ReputationRep:
    I have tried so many things but they just wont go away. I have lost some weight in the past and i still have the moobs :/ and i hate them.

What can i do to get rid of them? Is there a certain excersize that you have tried that works?
    What is you BF %? Are you relatively lean except for embarrassing fat storage on your chest? - If not then you just need to keep traiing and focus on leaning out / losing body fat.

If you are already lean have that problem, you may have an estrogen problem, or Testosterone-Estrogen conversion problem.

Thus, you will need a strong aromatase inhibitor (meaning that it prevents Testosterone from converting into estrogen), a good quality omega-3 fish oil caps and cruciferous vegetables daily.

Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, broccaflower, Brussels sprouts and cabbage, contain a phytochemical that reduces estrogen levels.

Results aren't overnight but should be noticeable in a couple of weeks / months.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if u mean fatty bum bum "moobs" or gynaecomastia

One requires excercise, one requires surgery (if unable to tolerate them at all)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Different Cloud)
    What is you BF %? Are you relatively lean except for embarrassing fat storage on your chest? - If not then you just need to keep traiing and focus on leaning out / losing body fat.

If you are already lean have that problem, you may have an estrogen problem, or Testosterone-Estrogen conversion problem.

Thus, you will need a strong aromatase inhibitor (meaning that it prevents Testosterone from converting into estrogen), a good quality omega-3 fish oil caps and cruciferous vegetables daily.

Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, broccaflower, Brussels sprouts and cabbage, contain a phytochemical that reduces estrogen levels.

Results aren't overnight but should be noticeable in a couple of weeks / months.
    I have some flab here and there but am now willing to work on it , from what i gather HIIT is important but what about weights?

ReputationRep:
    I have some flab here and there but am now willing to work on it , from what i gather HIIT is important but what about weights?
    With a good progressive plan and diet, it will take care of itself with time. I'd still advise you to take fish oils tabs and eat your vegetables though.

An intelligently designed weight training regimen should be the cornerstone of your fat loss program. While both intervals and steady state types of cardio have their pros and cons, the best game plan is to incorporate both of them alongside weights as a holistic and balanced training program.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.