Turn on thread page Beta

Teveth to answer YOUR questions watch

ReputationRep:
    Teveth, the greatest political, economic, moral and philosophical mind on TSR is giving you, the average user of TSR, the opportunity to ask him any question you like. Your question can be as personal or as impersonal as you like, it can be about his views on a certain subject, or something else entirely. Just keep it respectful and sensible. Questions should be posted in this thread and I will answer as many as I can at some point later on tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

I look forward to your questions, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Why has the thread been moved to the 'Chat' forum, mods?

This forum is full of the TSR riff raff and intellectually defunct ribble rabble. I'm hardly going to get any juicy questions in here, am I?

I recommend you move it back the General Discussion forum, or better yet - the Debate and Discussion forum immediately.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen your dad's ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    Why has the thread been moved to the 'Chat' forum, mods?

This forum is full of the TSR riff raff and intellectually defunct ribble rabble. I'm hardly going to get any juicy questions in here, am I?

I recommend you move it back the General Discussion forum, or better yet - the Debate and Discussion forum immediately.
    Or what, you'll convince them with your "superior debating skills" to move it? The only posts you make in D&D **** off the Tories (and occasionally the Lib Dems) and claim Labour have a "moral mandate" (whatever the hell that is; the only mandate required to govern is the one granted at elections).

ReputationRep:
    What is the length of your fathers penis?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This thread is so full of facepalm. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Why did New Labour suck so much ass?

ReputationRep:
    What is your view on the positive externalities (saving someone's life) that superhero's provide and the negative externalities (smashing buildings and cars) they cause? Do the positive externalties they provide really outstrip the negative externalities and are they really providing a beneficial service to society as a whole. I would assume the greatest beneficiaries would actually not be the average citizen but the people employed by the construction industry? Would it not be wise also for the people in the construction industry to finance the "bad guys". The "bad guys" are therefore helping the economy as they are creating much needed employment.

>_> Answer that :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)
    What is your view on the positive externalities (saving someone's life) that superhero's provide and the negative externalities (smashing buildings and cars) they cause? Do the positive externalties they provide really outstrip the negative externalities and are they really providing a beneficial service to society as a whole. I would assume the greatest beneficiaries would actually not be the average citizen but the people employed by the construction industry? Would it not be wise also for the people in the construction industry to finance the "bad guys". The "bad guys" are therefore helping the economy as they are creating much needed employment.

>_> Answer that :ninja:
    I'll field this one.

Well it rather depends on what value you attribute to a human life. I would say that 1 human life is invaluable, so it would be worth whatever the repairs totalled.

Other may have a different opinion. There is of course a limit to how much one human life can be worth from a practical point of view, for instance, if it would cost £670trillion to save one human, ulitmately, more would die as the quality of the health service was effected by the reduction in funding.

I would concur with your statement about it making sense for bad guys to own construction companies, and heavily endorse you writing a screenplay based on the notion. I think it would do well.

-Mann18 (Teveth's official representative on superhero theory.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    I'll field this one.

Well it rather depends on what value you attribute to a human life. I would say that 1 human life is invaluable, so it would be worth whatever the repairs totalled.

Other may have a different opinion. There is of course a limit to how much one human life can be worth from a practical point of view, for instance, if it would cost £670trillion to save one human, ulitmately, more would die as the quality of the health service was effected by the reduction in funding.

I would concur with your statement about it making sense for bad guys to own construction companies, and heavily endorse you writing a screenplay based on the notion. I think it would do well.

-Mann18 (Teveth's official representative on superhero theory.)
    But a common problem in soceity is that many people save for security and choose not to spend to stimulate the economy. Now that their lives are at a greater risk they are more likely to splash out on protection and help to reduce saving and increase consumption within the economy. Would you therefore say that the "bad guys" are vital for stimulating the economy? If so, should i myself adopt the lifestyle of a "bad guy" to help the economy?

I would say a human life also has a value. Controversal though it might be, one is only worth to the economy the amount that he or she will or would of provided to the economy.

I also don't have the skills or imagination needed to construct a screenplay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)
    But a common problem in soceity is that many people save for security and choose not to spend to stimulate the economy. Now that their lives are at a greater risk they are more likely to splash out on protection and help to reduce saving and increase consumption within the economy. Would you therefore say that the "bad guys" are vital for stimulating the economy? If so, should i myself adopt the lifestyle of a "bad guy" to help the economy?

I would say a human life also has a value. Controversal though it might be, one is only worth to the economy the amount that he or she will or would of provided to the economy.

I also don't have the skills or imagination needed to construct a screenplay
    Usually bad guys attempt to steal MORE THAN the cost of the repair costs from banks, federal reserves ect.

So to say that they are vital in stimulating the economy is rather silly.
    One should not adopt the lifestyle of a "bad guy" in order to help the economy, rather, get an honest job.

A human life indeed has a calculable worth to the economy.
    But one doesn't usually measure worth in conjuction with the economy. I apply sentimental worth also. Like my Nintendo 64. It's probably not worth a lot to the economy, but if someone tried to purchase it for £200 I'd say "Hell no *****."

I'm sure you have the ability to construct a screenplay on the topic. I will offer some advice, if all else fails, a good title, and casting Will Ferrell/Ben Stiller or preferably Seth Rogen for this movie will ensure the movie recoups it's cost.

One should also endevour to cast a woman of high aesthetic quality in the role of city planner, perhaps Megan Fox or Scarlett Johannson would be a good choice. I would however suggest that placing Rachel McAdams or Rachel Weisz in the role would be a good idea, then you don't sell out as much. Lindsay Lohan would be a good one too, as she's funny, and she'd be cheap, becuase of the whole drugs thing. The main problem would be that she has to go home before 19:00 due to her electronic tag, which would be difficult to work shooting around.

You'd typically cast the guy from Wolverine in the chief bad-guy role, I think his name is Hugh Jackman. Good actors and hot actresses save crappy movies. It's a philosophy I developed that always works, except for Land of the Lost, which whilst I found it enjoyable, it wasn't much of a box-office draw. Also, Anna Friel was in it, and she was hot. I mean smoking hot. You know the kind of woman you think "My God, she has a form of ethereal beauty that only God Himself could have crafted" about? She's like that.

Anyway, a snappy title should draw in the producers and distributors, perhaps drawing on the bad guy and investment idea. Maybe something like "Bad Investment" I don't know, I'm not really good with puns.
    Incidentally, my friend and I made a screenplay about an ex-hitman who works in a bakery. He's good at puns, so he made the title, and I focused on casting. Seth Rogen's on board, as is Chistopher Walken (who would be awesome in your film) the only problem is Charlize Theron who deemed it "beneath" her.

-Mann18 (Teveth's offical representative on superhero theory)

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.