Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    do you think the cloud will be produced? .. or...................... is it just a dream? http://www.designdictionary.co.uk/en/cloud.htm

also ive read that you can doate money but i dont know how. ive contacted the project people but no reply..

does anyone know how? shall i just put some money in an enveope and send it to them??!! .. or is it the caretaker whos gonna get it??

ReputationRep:
    I believe that there are clouds, certainly. Something must be producing them.

ReputationRep:
    lol :yep: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    lol wtf

ReputationRep:
    Send the money via PayPal :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Send the money via PayPal :yep:
    yeah ive thought about that but how am i going to do that? generally you find a page that says donate with paypal. you go there and find a partly filled form. i need some details otherwise. not sure what to do..

(Original post by sea john)
    I hope so.
    hi sea john!! i was just thinking i bet hes interested. havent see you round the forum recently..

..................... btw i was hoping in some more comments from you!!!!! dont you think its inspiring??!!

ReputationRep:
    Intriguing idea...Don't send money via the postal system though - it's never a good idea these days. Like the guy above said, use Paypal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.S.Cobb)
    Intriguing idea...Don't send money via the postal system though - it's never a good idea these days. Like the guy above said, use Paypal.
    hi A.S.Cobb!! nice to see you here.. yeah it intrigues me too a lot.. can you imagine a monument like that, where you can go in by bike if you want, and not only you have fun, you actually produce energy with every movement you make. plus the sun light will give the spheres power too, even when the sky is grey!

you know im just worried in case this projet isnt going to happen; maybe they've changed their mind or it hasnt been authorised so they dont bother with a donate page? the bbc mentioned it once so it must be a serious project, not just a vague idea..

cloud people.......................... if your around here give me a shout PLEEEEEEAAAAASE

ReputationRep:
    Someone needs to simplify this for me... My brain is mush right now. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.love.nice.apples)
    hi sea john!! i was just thinking i bet hes interested. havent see you round the forum recently..

..................... btw i was hoping in some more comments from you!!!!! dont you think its inspiring??!!
    Hi Apple, I’ve been around quite a lot actually!

I’m in a hurry very often at the moment so I haven’t been able to google about…
    if I remember correctly the Cloud is connected to the Olympics; maybe that’s why
    they haven’t built it yet. They’ll do it soon I think, if I’m not talking rubbish…
    I’ll see if I can find some info tonight as soon as I’m back (I’m dashing out and I need a few more bites before I go).

ReputationRep:
    Woah I hope they do build that! Looks really interesting!

ReputationRep:
    Holy **** I have arrived!!

This deserves some serious research xD

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Um... what? What the hell is it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi All; Apple where are you? Erm… Am I the one who’s not
    around? People are asking questions… we need you to explain
    a bit more in details the Raise The Cloud characteristics…

Btw, I’ve had look in their site, which even if it isn’t very user
    friendly does give some useful info. Yes, as I though
    it is connected to the future Olympics. Don’t know
    why, though I’ll be searching more info tonight and find out…

Based on what I’ve found so far, the great thing about it is that it
    is an evolution of the concept of art, architecture, monuments and
    so on. Ok, imagine the Eiffel Tower: it’s beautiful but it doesn’t
    produce anything useful. Well… unlike that, the Cloud - other than
    being a beautiful tower where you can go for sightseeing -
    will produce electricity. The Eastern area of London will benefit
    from that as it will be enough to serve the all area.

How it works:

The photovoltaic sensors, which are devices that transform the
    sun light into usable energy, will be everywhere on the inflatable
    spheres. Those that are on top (you’ll be able to go there).

People movements also will create energy that will be stored
    and used in London.

How will the Cloud look like:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, looked it up, seems fantastic, but it hasn't even been given the final go ahead yet... it still needs to be picked by Borris... so that's why we can't donate yet, however I don't know what else Borris and the deciding team are looking at so it might end up that it's just never made... would be a shame though xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi All; Apple where are you? Erm… Am I the one who’s not
    around? People are asking questions… we need you to explain
    a bit more in details the Raise The Cloud characteristics…
    got them!!!!!!!!!!! thats the article ive been looking for and couldnt find. but ive found it now while i was looking for articles about boris johnson and raise the cloud http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8350770.stm

(Original post by Kev.)
    Ok, looked it up, seems fantastic, but it hasn't even been given the final go ahead yet... it still needs to be picked by Borris... so that's why we can't donate yet, however I don't know what else Borris and the deciding team are looking at so it might end up that it's just never made... would be a shame though xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    are you sure its borris' decision? the bbc article talks about micro-donations; whats the mayor got to do with that? all we need is a paypal page to start donating.. id have thought donating money is easier then receiving them but its the other way round........................... ....... HELP let us give you some money please...........

ReputationRep:
    ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ............ i want the ** thing up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean exactly by **? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean exactly by **? :eek:
    lol i obviously meant sublime!! :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.