Turn on thread page Beta

Should I live with my boyfriend next year? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Apologies in advance as the comma key on my keyboard has become defunct so have taken to using the dash key as a sort of poor substitute

    I need some advice on whether i should live with my boyfriend next year. The situation is this: I am currently in my first year at Huddersfield University - i've been here a week and feel homesick and think i've made a bit of a daft choice but have decided to just put up with it as I know at some point it has to get fun (hopefully). I've been seeing my boyfriend for more than 2 years and we're very happy together - we make plans for the future and such and are in love and the rest of it. He's studying at Manchester Met doing a foundation degree but plans to move to Yorkshire to start uni at either Huddersfield or Leeds next year. I want to know whether it's sensible to move in together next year even though I know i've not had chance to make proper friends in my flat or on my course yet. The main problem is that I had a gap year after college and took a full time job (did all my drinking/going out and "clubbing" and being an idiot) and so subsequently I feel slightly more adult/mature than the rest of my flatmates and so I can't see myself bonding with them (although we get along really well I couldn't handle living with them for 2 more years because i think there'd be a personality clash) because their activities include getting hammered and going dancing in clubs in town. Should I wait until my third year to see whether I want to live with him or wait it out and either live alone next year or (hopefully!) find someone to live with from my course?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.