Turn on thread page Beta

please keep anon.

so i started uni two week ago and met this girl on my course. i've got to know her during this time and we get on so well, its quite amazing. the thing is i quite like her, maybe a bit more than just friends. we do flirt but its always in a joking sort of way and can easily be looked as something that just friends would do.

i wanna tell her i like her but there is no way i want/ or am going to risk this friendship is she doesn't feel the same way back, because from previous experience this sort of connection does not happen alot (to me anyways). im decent looking and all that.. she has complimented me herself many times (but again something friends do all the time).

how the hell do i know whether im in the 'friend zone' or she wants sommat more?

ReputationRep:
    Stay friends for now. Its only been two weeks so see how it plays out.

bump.

what would you lot do in this situation??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    bump.

In the position, i would tell her. The worst she can say is that she doesn't feel the same.

Failing that though, you can ask if she would like to go out sometime for a drink, just the 2 of you and see how it goes. That way there is no pressure as you are just going as friends but it puts you in a position that if it is going well that you can talk to her about it!

ReputationRep:
    please keep anon.

so i started uni two week ago and met this girl on my course. i've got to know her during this time and we get on so well, its quite amazing. the thing is i quite like her, maybe a bit more than just friends. we do flirt but its always in a joking sort of way and can easily be looked as something that just friends would do.

i wanna tell her i like her but there is no way i want/ or am going to risk this friendship is she doesn't feel the same way back, because from previous experience this sort of connection does not happen alot (to me anyways). im decent looking and all that.. she has complimented me herself many times (but again something friends do all the time).

how the hell do i know whether im in the 'friend zone' or she wants sommat more?

get wasted with her, try to kiss her...if all goes wrong just try to write it off as drunken tomfoolery

ReputationRep:
    bump.

Her.

(Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    Her.
    if only if it was that easy!

ReputationRep:
    Go out, get a drink and blame the alcohol.

(Original post by Dan1992)
    same happened to me in freshers after 3 days. i told her. i recommend you do the same, it doesn't have to make things awkward.

edit: and the post above about alcohol is very true xD

how did it work out for you?

im pretty sure it will make things very awkward..

ReputationRep:
    I was on the receiving end of this situation last year and I think you really ought to tell her.
    Not being insensitive, but you've only known one another 2 weeks so any potential awkwardness that happens now is fairly easily repairable, maybe even completely avoidable if she doesn't mess you around about it.
    The guy who lived next to me in halls had this with a girl too, and they are now very happily together and have been since Christmas so who knows!
    I wish you the best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    OP I reckon you should ask her out! What's the worst that could happen? If she says no then just laugh about it and you'll be over it but if she says yes, then you're sorted

ReputationRep:
    i agree with all the above. dont chicken out OP. better now than later

(Original post by Dan1992)
    uh things are a bit complicated now... we ended up kissing a bunch of times in her room (she's down the hallway from me) when i told her and she was like can't we just be "friends that kiss ocassionally", so i just said i thought we should be just friends because she didn't want a relationship and that would've just messed with me... anyways we're still friends and it has messed with me a bit, but that isn't the point, the point is that i would rather have done that than go on for weeks or even months not knowing and letting it bug me.

also i'd already told her how i felt before and we ended up kissing then as well, (2 days before what i wrote in the paragraph above happened) after we were both drunk, but we largely forgot what was said afterwards but it made it a lot easier to bring it up again, hence why i agreed with the post above mine earlier on drinking.

anyways you obviously have to do what you think is right, i just think that you'll regret things you haven't done more than those you have done and it's better for it not to work out (as in my case) than to have gone on for months not knowing; so it's better even if it doesn't work out, and obviously it's way better if it does work out, that's my opinion

wow thats the kind of messy situation im trying to avoid.. but yeah definitely better knowing now than never. i think im gonna wait for a bit until i get a more clearer idea.. as someone above said i've only known her two weeks. am sure i can wait one or two more lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    Her.
    WIN

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.