Turn on thread page Beta

Treating hair with mayonaise watch

ReputationRep:
    Long story short, I have normal, white hair.

Dying it black for 2 years.
    This week: I stripped it, dyed it blonde, then light brown, then brown brown.
    I also use hair straighteners and hair driers without protection (slut!)
    Result: Straw.

Reading loads of reviews that say sticking mayonaise in your hair is amazing, and will totally heal my hair. I'm apprehensive; I don't want to smell like a sandwich. Pouring Hellmans into my hair isn't appealing. I don't want to smell like a manky egg.

Have any of you tried it? If you google it, the reviews are VERY promising.

I found this product (clicky), which is apparently for black people, but seems to be being reviewed by white people.

Has anyone had success with it? Is it better to buy this hair mayo, or use real mayo? Urghh, my hair is like straw and I'm desperate for it to be nice.

x

ReputationRep:
    Mayo? WTF!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Pouring Helmand into my hair isn't appealing.
    Might be dangerous, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRamAlot)
    Mayo? WTF!?

http://www.ehow.com/how_4447539_cond...ayonnaise.html

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf792387.tip.html

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Bubbles, do you mean white hair as in white people hair?

(Original post by SirRamAlot)
    Mayo? WTF!?
    The egg protein in the mayo apparently strengthens the hair or something. Mayo is to be used in a sandwich ffs. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is if you do it once a week. I have a great thick shiny straight hair.*although i never do it anymore, but i used to do that when i was in HS. :P *
    Don't buy that one!I used the normal mayonaise. KRAFT MAYONAISE.
    Just do it before you take a shower, put mayo on your hair, wrap it up with a hair cover and let it stay there for an hour and then take a shower. After that your hair will be soft and smooth, its like a conditioner. But when you're showering, use shampoo, that way you wont smell like a sammich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    Might be dangerous, too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*Hellmans!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    You have white hair? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    The egg protein in the Mayo apparently strengthens the hair or something. Mayo is to be used in a sandwich ffs. :facepalm2:
    Yeah that's a waste of Mayo man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    You have white hair? :teehee:
    Funny!

:curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    The egg protein in the mayo apparently strengthens the hair or something.
    Don't pretend you haven't tried it before - that was a pretty knowledgeable answer... :camp:

ReputationRep:
    Funny!

:curious:
    Please do this, and put up pictorial evidence.

(Original post by thejonsmith)
    Don't pretend you haven't tried it before - that was a pretty knowledgeable answer... :camp:
    No, I have not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Yes, it is if you do it once a week. I have a great thick shiny straight hair.*although i never do it anymore, but i used to do that when i was in HS. :P *
    Don't buy that one!I used the normal mayonaise. KRAFT MAYONAISE.
    Just do it before you take a shower, put mayo on your hair, wrap it up with a hair cover and let it stay there for an hour and then take a shower. After that your hair will be soft and smooth, its like a conditioner. But when you're showering, use shampoo, that way you wont smell like a sammich.
    Lol, I guess I feel a bit better using something esp. made for hair, rather than a salad.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. Make sure I get to meet you on one of the days it's in your hair.

ReputationRep:
    LMAONAISE! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    This thread is made of win. It's just pure awesomeness. I love it. Love it, love it, love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    This thread is made of win. It's just pure awesomeness. I love it. Love it, love it, love it.

Are you being sarcastic? :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Are you being sarcastic?
    Not at all, I am being perfectly serious. This thread has made my night :love:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.