Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I just recently applied at LSE and received an offer for an MPhil/PhD program, and I'm now trying to figure out housing in the next 24-48 hours.

    My girlfriend and dog are moving over to London in March/April 2011. Since dogs aren't allowed in the res halls I'll be looking for new accommodation, and for someone to fill my residential hall spot.

    I was made a 50 week offer for two Lilian Knowles options: a 1 bedroom and and en suite. Can anyone say whether it will be easy or difficult to find someone to take either room in the spring for the duration of my contract? Would the en suite or 1 bedroom be easier to fill?

    Would it be easier to find a replacement for one of the halls that LSE uses for vacation rentals in the summer? E.g., would Northumberland and Grosvenor be the easiest halls to find someone to fill my room? Are there other halls I should consider?

    Trying to make a decision in the next 24-48 hours. Thanks for the feedback!

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.