Turn on thread page Beta

Bieber: "I feel like the Kurt Cobain of my generation" watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    I heard Kurt felt like the Justin Bieber of his generation so he killed himself.
    lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    There's one slight thing you've forgotten pal.

The Inbetweeners isn't real...
    That is true. You still made me lol though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_muneeb_x)
    i wanna hang justin bieber and hannah montana. I really do , its not metaphorical as i would really like to hang both these ignorant pricks. The guy does not even know what a German is
    Yeh apparently they "don't use that word in America." :rolleyes:

(Original post by draconia_93)
    Justin Bieber's wrong. Kurt Cobain had a deeper voice. And Kurt actually had talent.
    And Kurt will probably continue to be remembered in a respectful way, Beaver will fade away and all that will be left is the faint memory of a boy and his comb-over.

ReputationRep:

This might cheer people up

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

:lolwut:

Is he for real?

ReputationRep:
    LOL weird. However, I don't agree with everyone in this thread. Nirvana was very popular. Bieber is very popular, with different groups. What made Nirvana such a legend? Because Cobain's death was glorified by the media? Because that event made it a legacy? Because it's 'cool' and alternative to be a suicide committing junkie? (Not that alternative since everyone is following like sheep saying Cobain was the 'best musician' of the last 2 decades. Ever noticed everyone they say that about is dead? Hendrix, lol even Selena).

Yes, their music was very popular at the time. They're 'legendary' because they are in the past. Trust me all the popular singers of our times are going to be considered legendary in 20 years.

ReputationRep:
    kurt cobain brought grunge into the mainstream world, and in a way introduced a genre other than your usual pop songs.
    what bieber's done is chew up an already not-so-good style of music, and spat it out on the floor of the charts.

that cocky little ******* :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    I doubt he knows who Kurt Cobain is...but honestly I don't hate him that much. He can sing, his songs aren't great, they're written for him, he's what, 15? Everyone's silly at that age and when you're as famous as he is, he's bound to get a bit swollen-headed.
    I heard he asked out Rihanna, he'll be embarrassed about that soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    Kurt Cobain will still be remembered and his music listened to in 20-30 years time. Justin Bieber will not be remembered by many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illusionz)

This might cheer people up
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    pahaha what a bloody loser!
    his face and voice annoys me so much :/

ReputationRep:
    He's a jumped up little boy who thinks he's suddenly turned into a "babe magnet" because a few 13 year olds fancy him. His music sounds exactly like everything else in charts and has no substance whatsoever. The list of reasons to dislike him just keeps growing and growing.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea if it's true or not but it just makes me want to slap him all the more. What a little twatbag

ReputationRep:
    I heard Kurt felt like the Justin Bieber of his generation so he killed himself.
    ******* lol

ReputationRep:
    Is that Jim Root in your sig?

ReputationRep:
    This thread's made me think. If he actually did top himself, what would the aftermath be like? Obviously the media would have to do the usual respectful "oh, he was such a nice boy, he was loved by many fans." Most of the time, if a rockstar/popstar kills themself or dies at an earlier age during their career (Jackson, Lennon, Cobain etc.) their "legend" status skyrockets. I sometimes wonder how well known Kurt would be if he was still alive. I think Bieber would probably be an exception but still, it's obvious that killing oneself has an impact on the way people look at their career.

Just so we've got one fact right, I dislike Justine Bieber. But I'm not sure how genuine this quote is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCharmed)
    I hate it when people do that. They do it with like britney spears and lady gaga andl all sorts. It's like fair play you don't like them or think they're awful but you can't deny these people are famous or well-known that's just retarded. Like I don't like lot's of people but if they're was a thread on like Bret Michaels I wouldn't be all Bre who? Cause I do know who he is.
    Lol it was a play on all the retarded comments written by the Daily Mail...

Relax

ReputationRep:
    I never did know who young Bieber was until a picture in a newspaper. I found his last name...amusing.
    He looks...'cute' - that is what the girls think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Lol it was a play on all the retarded comments written by the Daily Mail...

Relax
    Fair enoguh, sorry for jumping down your throat. But it so freakink annoying.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.