Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hello, i am attending the university of manchester institute of science and technology in electrical and electronics engineering has got accepted and confirmed my course, today is my first day at the university, i have already attended the induction weak. my question is i feel like it was my wrong choice to be in this course, i would rather like to do mechanical engineering, the reason is, as soon i i went through the list courses, i thought may be i am not meant to be an electrical engineer, i find it rather dry to learn electrical circuits and basically anything related to electricity, and second being that as compared to mechanical engineering, electrical engineering is not as diverse field. third thing, i feel like i would rather enjoy making car and airplane engines.. .My father who is a marine engineer himself wanted me to go for mechanical engineering but he said that i should do what i rather prefer, so i feel like.

before i felt like electrical engineering is kinda cool field but now i think that it my be hard for me interest wise to follow this field.

i am kinda scared that i my uni doesnt allow me to change the course, and also i may create lots of troubles in doing so as i am an international student, what do you people suggest for me to do now.

thanks in advance

sorry for reposting same thread, it was due to connection problem, mods my delete others

ReputationRep:
    What did you expect in electrical engineerin other than electric circuits.

As long as the university has empty seats in the Mech department. It shouldnt be a problem.
    Though I doubt Manchester University will have still have places.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.