Boyfriend's gone... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey

My boyfriend's just moved to another university and I'm really not coping well. I keep on thinking about how I'm hardly going to see him when my term starts too, and since uni's the only time I got to see him regularly, I'm just feeling really sad. I'm trying not to show how down this is making me because I don't want to make settling into a new place any harder for him, and I want him to really enjoy himself, but at the same time I'm worried he'll find someone better... there are no problems in our relationship, and I know he wouldn't cheat, and I know he loves me but I still worry irrationally. The main thing though is just that I miss him has anyone got any tips?

Thanks
sweetice2009
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Try and throw yourself into a hobby or work or uni if your at uni aswell and jus arrange like a set time etc to ring each other and see each other it'll be har work bit do able if your both determined to make it work
kristinaalovesu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Time for you to get busy!
Make everything well balanced. Don't depend on him too much.
drenner
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
One of the great things about the new ipod touches and iphone 4's is facetime video conferencing at a high quality and free that would be great for you two, if that is too expensive, look up at skype? dont bother with msn video chat as that is too poor quality and will soon become a problem having to see a blocky version of your bf

Also you can get 3d webcams !!
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
It may be hard at the moment but it does get easier and then just wait how good it will feel when you do get to see eachother!
Anonymous #1
Thanks guys

I do keep busy, atm I've got a full time job and at uni I work hard, have lots of friends and do sports...but I think I'll just miss things like cooking with him and stuff. I know this sounds sad and I probably just need to get on with it, and hopefully it'll get better. We have skype but it's just not the same.
drenner
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ouch how much does it cost to go down on the train?

and you could cook while on skype and make it like a challenge who ever wins

me and my girlfriend cook a lot and when i go uni i feel ill miss that too you could also bake cakes and things and post them to each other? as a gift.
drenner
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am going out now but if you want to talk or need support feel free to pm me and ill reply as soon as i can

good luck
emilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
go over to the LDR society, they'll look after you
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the advice everyone...

Drenner it's about £20 return, so it's not too bad, it's just finding times we can both make and stuff. I may head over to the LDR society, cheers. I think once I'm back at uni too it'll be better...
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I graduated from uni but my girlfriend still has another year of uni. It's just like any long distance relationship but if you like each other that much you can make it work. You just have to keep busy although there's nothing wrong with missing each other so long as you weren't DEPENDANT on them in the first place.
-beads-
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kristinaalovesu)
This!

LDR's are hard but if you love each other that much, you'll find a way to make it work.

:hugs:
MovingOn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a short term arrangement, isn't it? You aren't going to be in a LTR forever, it's just for the next couple of years. Just throw yourself into your studies and make the most of the time you do spend with him.
Anonymous #1
Yeah, both 4 year courses so another 3 years...
Kiwiiiii
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You want to be together next couple of years? ...ouch..
drenner
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for the advice everyone...

Drenner it's about £20 return, so it's not too bad, it's just finding times we can both make and stuff. I may head over to the LDR society, cheers. I think once I'm back at uni too it'll be better...

ouch the only thing i can think of really is regular webcam sessions and reunite when ever you get the opportunity.
Vybz Kartel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kristinaalovesu)
i agree :awesome:
Anonymous #1
Thanks everyone...I will indeed try and keep busy
I'm sure once I'm back and he's finished his freshers week we'll get into a routine
Beckkyy
Report 8 years ago
I know how you feel, my boyfriend has just gone to derby uni, and i miss him painful amounts, im about an hours train ride away from him, so not very far at all, but it feels like an age away.
i have been really down and im finding it hard to concentrate. but i am guessing it will all calm down after we have seen eachother and freshers week is over.
Hope your okay xx
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (107)
95.54%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (5)
4.46%

Watched Threads