The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I had that at first. A lot of people are probably on the website. It doesn't seem to go any further than NI number now for me.
Reply 2
doesn't work for me either ...im also confused about not being able to apply to more than one location :confused:

it says i don't need to make another application.. but my summary page just displays one location
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
i gave up lol :|
i know that's happened to me when i try to refresh or leave it for a couple of minutes
Reply 5
has anyone gotten a interview yet? I submitted my first application back in august.. i guess i didn't get the job :frown:
Reply 6
I'm guessing its due to the high volume of people applying, especially as the christmas temp jobs started being advertised today.
It took me nearly two hours this morning to apply because it was being so slow!
Reply 7
has anyone got an interview yet?
Reply 8
Yeh I have just now, just booked it by logging onto my application, they should normally email you when interview slots are available but guess they are just being slow?? So check you application online to see if you can book your interview slot as they run out quickly.
Reply 9
anyone know what dates the mail centre jobs start?
i'm guessing i wouldnt be suitable cos i dont finish for christmas until 17th december?
Reply 10
Annaconda
anyone know what dates the mail centre jobs start?
i'm guessing i wouldnt be suitable cos i dont finish for christmas until 17th december?

Hi,

When I worked there last year, they provided me with two start dates, one in November and one at the beginning of December?? I think the 17th would be too late as they require you to start on their contracted dates, and I finished on the 24th if I remembered correctly?? Is there anyway you could work around your studies? Unless this mail centre isn't local you which I have a feeling it isn't in this case. HTH

P.S Has anyone been able to book their interview slots but not had a confirmation email on it?
Reply 11
so... have any londoners had a reply yet?
Reply 12
I applied last Friday for the Xmas casual at the mail centre, still got no reply.

I Checked the Application status on the website , it still says submitted :-/

how long do you guy's think it take's them to look at the applications ?
Reply 13
my dad works at royal mail he said up to 3 more weeks
Reply 14
I did luckily manage to submit my application on the 27th and get a response the next day. Just did the interview on the 8th. It is minor, they just check you have the documents and stuff. I will be starting on the 6th and finishing on the 23rd. I will be doing N1 shifts (night 10pm-6am).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Sangha236
I did luckily manage to submit my application on the 27th and get a response the next day. Just did the interview on the 8th. It is minor, they just check you have the documents and stuff. I will be starting on the 6th and finishing on the 23rd. I will be doing N1 shifts (night 10pm-6am).

dnt m8 its ***** with your head i done nights for 2 months and i got insomnia, hallucinations and night terror.
Reply 16
A Freshie
dnt m8 its ***** with your head i done nights for 2 months and i got insomnia, hallucinations and night terror.

Hey man, I did it last year too. My table for college was pretty good. I managed to get in like 5-6 hours of sleep before I left for the shifts. Suprisingly, some of my best work for college was during then as I kind of went into this regime. This year I only go in for uni for 2 days so I think it should be minor. Will have heaps of time to study too. But yeah, I did see some other students struggle last year, they were not getting enough sleep. Last year I missed the X factor final, wasn't a big fan of Joe McElderry to be honest with you. I don't quite get why the 'E' In McElderry has to be in capital. I did meet quite a lot of cool people last year, of which some I am still in contact with. Another problem was the icy conditions. I fell quite a few times on my way to work, I must admit, that was rather quite embarrassing. I would however recommend, if anyone has a messed up timetable or is in their 2nd or 3rd year for uni, you should not go. It is honestly not worth it.

Latest

Trending

Trending