Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I started university last year (2009), before starting my course I withdrew due to a family bereavement (not the strongest reason to withdraw but I did).

After withdrawing I decided I needed to sort something out, with me not having the strongest grades around I decided to try and retake my course from the previous year, this course was picked by me on the idea that I would enjoy it. I had no previous experience in the field of study. Also after picking the course I looked into the job prospect & money, which grately attracted me.

I was accepted onto the course a second time. Now starting this year, I now realised it's not for me. I had rushed my decision, along with this I also have no real idea on which course or career I would actually like to do.

Along with all these factors I am the first person within my family to go to university, I wish to do them proud but ultimately I don't beleive a degree is for me at this time. But also the limited jobs for me with no previous experience is forcing me into a degree.

I've spoken to advice centre at university and took there advice, but any other advice would be appriciated.

ReputationRep:
    How much do you think you would benefit from a degree? Usually you should do something that is more likely to increase your work potential, otherwise, imo anyway, it's not really worth look.

Good luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    I see the benefit's of degree's but only with the right degree, so I need to get a degree where the benefit's will be worthwhile, and currently I don't believe I have any idea on such degree that I would like to do.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.