The Student Room Group

Confused on what to do.

I started university last year (2009), before starting my course I withdrew due to a family bereavement (not the strongest reason to withdraw but I did).

After withdrawing I decided I needed to sort something out, with me not having the strongest grades around I decided to try and retake my course from the previous year, this course was picked by me on the idea that I would enjoy it. I had no previous experience in the field of study. Also after picking the course I looked into the job prospect & money, which grately attracted me.

I was accepted onto the course a second time. Now starting this year, I now realised it's not for me. I had rushed my decision, along with this I also have no real idea on which course or career I would actually like to do.

Along with all these factors I am the first person within my family to go to university, I wish to do them proud but ultimately I don't beleive a degree is for me at this time. But also the limited jobs for me with no previous experience is forcing me into a degree.

I've spoken to advice centre at university and took there advice, but any other advice would be appriciated.
Reply 1
How much do you think you would benefit from a degree? Usually you should do something that is more likely to increase your work potential, otherwise, imo anyway, it's not really worth look.

Good luck to you. :smile:
Reply 2
I see the benefit's of degree's but only with the right degree, so I need to get a degree where the benefit's will be worthwhile, and currently I don't believe I have any idea on such degree that I would like to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending