Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whats the point of working out if I will still feel crap about myself......? watch

ReputationRep:
    Even though Im tall, I have abig nose, which doesnt suit me. I know they look good and masculine on some men but not me.Anyway, I am trying to bulk up a bit but keep thinking whats the point as I will still be stuck with a big nose afterwards. The worst thing is I would be pretty good looking if I didnt have it. Unfortunately, nose surgery isn't really an option cos you cant reduce the size of nose bone

ReputationRep:
    i think nose surgery is actually an option for you tbh if you're that unhappy

ReputationRep:
    Nose surgery is as cheap as 400 quids.Save up some money and cut that **** off.

ReputationRep:
    If its affecting your mental wellbeing, you can probably have surgery courtesy of the tax payer, but that's quite extreme action to take. Carry on what you're doing and focus on other aspects of yourself that you like.

ReputationRep:
    TBH mate if you get your body to be somthing your proud of you wont worry so much about the nose. Women like confident guys, if your even slightly more confident after getting the body you want, then it cant be a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, we're all our own worse critic. Even if your nose is bigger than average, does it really bring your overall features down that much? Focus on other stuff (get ripped, make sure your hairs decent, keep a clean spot free face etc).

ReputationRep:
    Why are you all being sympathetic? This guy is whining about his nose and how he's too much of a coward to do something positive for himself because of a minor, minor problem which doesn't have anything to do with him exercising.

Here's the only piece of advice that is of any relevance: grow a pair. Honestly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Why are you all being sympathetic? This guy is whining about his nose and how he's too much of a coward to do something positive for himself because of a minor, minor problem which doesn't have anything to do with him exercising.

Here's the only piece of advice that is of any relevance: grow a pair. Honestly.
    Obviously you haven't had to deal with anything like this then. Its not being a coward, I guess I dont really see much point in getting in great shape as I will still not look particularly good.

ReputationRep:
    Might as well kill yourself now.

You're stuck with your nose. Don't be stupid. Fork out for surgery or get used to it. What else can you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDI)
    If its affecting your mental wellbeing, you can probably have surgery courtesy of the tax payer, but that's quite extreme action to take. Carry on what you're doing and focus on other aspects of yourself that you like.
    Yeh, thats not really possible but nose surgery doesnt really decrease the size of the bone so it wouldnt really look better, I guess I just have to get over it. Its annoying being highly sexually charged and not beign able to get much nookie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    Even though Im tall, I have abig nose, which doesnt suit me. I know they look good and masculine on some men but not me.Anyway, I am trying to bulk up a bit but keep thinking whats the point as I will still be stuck with a big nose afterwards. The worst thing is I would be pretty good looking if I didnt have it. Unfortunately, nose surgery isn't really an option cos you cant reduce the size of nose bone
    I'm in exactly the same position, except I don't work out :p: I wouldn't rule out a rhinoplasty. I'm having one. I'm working through my Gap Year to afford one (private is about £8000) They can change the nasal bone, they can do virtually anything within reason. Research it. If it affects you as much as it affects me, then I'd say go for it. People underestimate just how self conscious males can be about their appearance.

ReputationRep:
    Get a nose job and save for it then. You can get surgery on bone. I wont be particularly pleasant but you can have it.

And dont get completely ripped. I think most (but not all) women find too much muscle pretty disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    You're better off being a guy who's ripped and has a big nose rather than a weedy/flabby guy with a big nose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    Nose surgery is as cheap as 400 quids.Save up some money and cut that **** off.

haha, unfortunately nose surgery is limited to how the nose is structured and they cant just shrink the nasal bone or else I would

ReputationRep:
    Obviously you haven't had to deal with anything like this then. Its not being a coward, I guess I dont really see much point in getting in great shape as I will still not look particularly good.
    Get the f**k over yourself. You think it's all hopeless because your nose is a bit big? With that kind of attitude, you're never going to acheive anything and that's going to be a much bigger issue with women than having a big nose could ever be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    I'm in exactly the same position, except I don't work out :p: I wouldn't rule out a rhinoplasty. I'm having one. I'm working through my Gap Year to afford one (private is about £8000) They can change the nasal bone, they can do virtually anything within reason. Research it. If it affects you as much as it affects me, then I'd say go for it. People underestimate just how self conscious males can be about their appearance.

yeh true, especially when there's nothing you can do about it. The doctor said they cant actually make a drastic change to it as its bone, i.e if oyu have a high nose bridge they can maybe trim off 1-2mm but thats basically nothing and wont look any different, I doubt yours looks as bad as mine. I think big noses look better on men generally if it suits your face, alas mine does not.

ReputationRep:
    Man the **** up. Seriously. IMO you just want an excuse to be a lazy ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fireph)
    Man the **** up. Seriously. IMO you just want an excuse to be a lazy ****.
    Erm no you retarded little ****. No one said he has to work out. He wants to do it but he feels disheartened because of his nose. Hes not lazy. If you want to tell him to man up and call him names, atleast give him some ******* advice while youre at it, you imbecile.

I bet you're an ugly munter who just wants to take a jab at someone on the internet to make themselves feel better. Now **** off... back to the womb with you.

YEAH OP, you shouldnt give up. Dont let one little flaw slow you down. With that attitude you're not going to be able to achieve anything you want because you feel disheartened over one thing. Think about good thing about yourself and pick yourself back up.

ReputationRep:
    OP

go to your kitchen and get a knife

now take that knife and cut off the fat and bone off your nose, melt it until it turns to mush and then proceed to diecast the disfigured flesh to your genitals. Maybe that way you can grow a set and man the phuck up.

ReputationRep:
    i'm curious now, give us a pic of the beast?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.