Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Met a guy online.. who lives.. in Bristol watch

..I live in Southampton, but finding it really hard to trust him, he's told me he loves me and I love him too. I'm really scared of meeting up because he might think I'm ugly in person.. he's 23 and I'm 17.. I'm going to Bath uni next year so will be really close to him...

Any tips? Do you think we could make it work?

Thanks

(Original post by Anonymous)
    ..I live in Southampton, but finding it really hard to trust him, he's told me he loves me and I love him too. I'm really scared of meeting up because he might think I'm ugly in person.. he's 23 and I'm 17.. I'm going to Bath uni next year so will be really close to him...

Any tips? Do you think we could make it work?

Thanks
    Just out of curiosity, what's this guys name? I'm in the exact same situation with a 23 year old guy that lives in Bristol who "loves me" and "forgot" to tell me he has a girlfriend...

ReputationRep:
    You consider meeting someone you have met on the internet and he hasn't seen a picture of you? Yet you love eachother?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kulpio)
    You consider meeting someone you have met on the internet and he hasn't seen a picture of you? Yet you love eachother?
    THIS...!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THIS!!!

ReputationRep:
    Classic! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kulpio)
    You consider meeting someone you have met on the internet and he hasn't seen a picture of you? Yet you love each other?
    This.

Never meet up with random strangers from the intersphere unless you know what they look like, know what their family and friends look like and have spoken to at least one of these friends or family to check out their story.

ReputationRep:
    Well, us Bristolians are quite shady...

Seriously though, I really wouldn't meet up with him, especially not alone. If you are going to, do it with friends/family. I'm meeting up with a guy I met over the internet next month but we've both seen each other on webcam and it's at a massive convention in London, both of us bringing friends, so more of a 'going to the same event'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    This.

Never meet up with random strangers from the intersphere unless you know what they look like, know what their family and friends look like and have spoken to at least one of these friends or family to check out their story.
    ^ Yup I agree. The guy could turn out to be a rapist/paedophile, so watch out, likewise, he better watch out because you could turn out to be a rapist/paedophile :rofl:

You love each other, yet have never even seen each other, or know what the other looks like. You don't even really trust the guy or if he loves you. You can't even be sure if the guy lives in Bristol, hell some kid might have made the guy up to kill his boredom for all you know. :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    You're insecure so you decided to try and meet someone online, he's probably the same so it might work out. I think ldr's are great, you'll appreciate them more or you'll realise that there scrumbags, either way its great cuz you don't waste much of your time. And as jay-z says its on to the next one

ReputationRep:
    Random - i'm from southampton, living in bristol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.