Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well to be fair I haven't actually started university yet, but I don't intend to be in a job for very long from when I come out of university, as I want to set up my own business and go into a partnership.
    How can does student finance work in these scenarios?

ReputationRep:
    They take a proportion of your wage automatically that's highlighted on your P60

ReputationRep:
    Your loan accrues interest from the day you receive it.
    You start to make payments once you earn over £15K a year, of course you won't start paying off the loan until you earn quite a bit more. As self employed it will be your responsibility to inform HMRC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DukeNewcomb)
    They take a proportion of your wage automatically that's highlighted on your P60
    In a sense I won't have a wage.
    I can just constantly reinvest the profits so I am always earning below £15k essentially, hence never pay back the student loan??

ReputationRep:
    I hope HMRC are reading this and plugging the loophole now.

ReputationRep:
    nice loophole my friend, i like it

ReputationRep:
    yeah just declare a wage under £15 000, its not even illegal what you would be doing even if it intentionally to get out of paying it back still **** THEM is what i say, ******** government *****, all deserve to die

ReputationRep:
    another plonker who doesn't realise that govt has no money, tax payers do!

ReputationRep:
    There must be something in place surely !!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.