Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim Clubbers- Freshers Week... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How has your experience been so far?! Have you gone Clubbing for the first time?! How has it been?!

ReputationRep:
    It's been awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been before? Did you feel nervous about going?! Sorry if I seem a bit invasive but I just want to know how its like as I don't think i'll get the chance to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimes_14)
    Have you ever been before? Did you feel nervous about going?! Sorry if I seem a bit invasive but I just want to know how its like as I don't think i'll get the chance to go
    are you muslim?
    and why won't you get the chance to go?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am, are you?! All my housemates are in their own rooms. No one speaks to one another. I am generally a really shy person but I have actually made the effort to try and get to know them. Though it seems a bit one sided at the moment. I don't know ANYONE at all! So there's no way i'll be going clubbing on my own!

P.S. Are you Muslim and have you been clubbing?!

ReputationRep:
    Muslim and clubbing seems like a bit of a contradiction of terms.

Or are you people mistaking faith and ethnicity again?

Muslim is not an ethnic group FYI.

If you're clubbing and consider yourself Muslim you're non-practising at best.

Yeah I am, are you?! All my housemates are in their own rooms. No one speaks to one another. I am generally a really shy person but I have actually made the effort to try and get to know them. Though it seems a bit one sided at the moment. I don't know ANYONE at all! So there's no way i'll be going clubbing on my own!

What is it that you are trying to ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)

I know the difference between Religion and Ethnicity. I am also aware that they are contradictory terms. However I also know that there are other Muslim students out there who are going clubbing in their freshers week. They're not drinking alchohol, so is it still a problem?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    What is it that you are trying to ask?
    I'm trying to find out about the experience. i don't know why people are expecting me to pounce on them with a lecture, LOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)

Wrong. Clubbing and drinking aren't synonymous.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, i've been. its good but not every day of the week.go just for the experience if you want. don't you know anyone from your course you can go with? and where you at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, haven't met ANY of them yet. I'm at DMU. Sigh!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I didn't dance or drink or any of that BS- just went with other flatmates and met other Muslims and just chatted to other people. Just go and do the same- go around introducing yourself etc. and don't do anything haram.

ReputationRep:
    i was never not allowed to go but i decided not to go because i wouold have told my mum that i was going anyway its not like im restricted because of my religion and i think that the muslims that lie to their parents are just scared but its better that your parents no the truth

its not like as soon as you go to uni your religion also goes out the window

ReputationRep:
    I go clubbing, get wasted, have unprotected anal sex with girls, smoke some weed, and take a bit of meow, but that doesn't make me a bad Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    I aint going to do anything haraam if I go. Its just the drinking thats not allowed. I don't see what the problem is in going because its not as if i'm doing gunaah or anything.

ReputationRep:
    people think clubbing is wrong as being in the club means your surrounded by many tempations (of doing wrong deeds)..im not a very religious muslim and i have been clubbing. its not all so amazing becuase its not like i drink or i can take someone home. so yea personally i think its okay to go once in a while as long as you did what i did..stay away from alcohol, dance with my girlies and stay away from any weirdo drunk guys

ReputationRep:
    LOLOL don't give into temptation like others...
    Trust me, the temptation is very very high.

I'm trying to find out about the experience. i don't know why people are expecting me to pounce on them with a lecture, LOL!
    huh? you just go and have fun. What else were you expecting?

ReputationRep:
    I can't go by myself can I?!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.